Honestly, I have more than enough games to last me a long, long time. So, instead of buying more games (a good percentage of I would probably never get around to playing), I've instead decided that in the spirit of the holidays, to give the code away. But to make it interesting, I've decided to ask a few trivia questions, and whoever answers the most questions correct will get the code. If there is a tie for the most correct answers amongst two or more people, the winner will be drawn randomly from all of those who tied.
Now, I do have a few requirements for those who wish to participate:
1. You must be a member on Icrontic. Duh.
2. You must have earned a badge on Icrontic other
than New Neighbor, Photogenic, or First Comment.
3. You'll need to have a Steam account.
The contest will end on Sat. Dec. 22nd, at 11pm EST. I will reveal the winner (and answers) on Sun. Dec. 23rd by 11pm EST, if not sooner.
Prize: $50 USD Steam Wallet Code. I don't know if the code works with accounts based outside the US, but if not, I will work something equivalent out with the winner in that situation.
Alright, here are the questions. The first 5 will be "Icrontic-centric" and all of the answers can be found somewhere on the site. The other 5 questions are random in subject, and will test your Google-Fu, so to speak.
Send the answers to me via PM here at Icrontic. You can submit answers as often as you wish, but please resubmit all your answers each time, as I will be using the last set of answers I receive from a person as their "official" answers.
1. Icrontic runs on WordPress and Vanilla Forums and utilizes a custom set of plugins. What is the name of this custom set of plugins?
2. Fill in the blank: Icrontic was the home of the world's first ______ benchmarking team.
3. What is the name of the weekly TF2 (Team Fortress 2) league that Icrontic has?
4. The Icrontic Man of the Year award was introduced in 2008, and has been awarded every year since. This means there have been 5 people that have won this award. Name all of them via their current forum names.
5. What is the name of the very rare award Icrontic gives to products that it deems to be the "Best of the Best" and is described in part with the line, "If you haven’t tried or at least heard of, coveted, or talked about this product, we’re not friends anymore."
6. Which city's fire department was the first in the world to make use of steam fire engines?
7. What film released in 1982 was the first to make use of fractal-generated landscape?
8. What PC RPG, released in 1993, was novelized by Raymond E. Feist as part of his Riftwar Legacy series?
9. The first person to be inducted into the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences' Hall of Fame was Shigeru Miyamoto in 1998. He is best known as the creator of some of the most successful video game franchises of all time (Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, just to name a few.) Who was the second person to be inducted into the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences' Hall of Fame, in 1999?
10. In what version of Windows did the "Control Panel" first make its appearance?
Good luck everyone!
Edited at Dec 18th at 12:00 pm for minor spelling and grammatical errors, no change in relevant content.
Edited at Dec 18th at 10:30 pm to put in the correct area (the Pub). Lol...