Today on the US WoW Armory, Blizzard released their latest update to the service which includes a 3D model viewer, character feed, and calendar feed features.
The 3D model viewer will provide a complete rendering of the character, along with a myriad of display options:
- Camera—This feature will allow you to reposition the viewpoint on the character of choice, and also adjust his/her position on the screen.
- Animation—This feature will allow you to force the character to perform a variety of different animations, as per some of the in-game emotes.
- Capture Pose—This feature will allow you to freeze the character, in the case of a character you own, in a specific position which will be displayed to anyone who visits the armory profile for your character.
- Embed—This feature will allow you to embed an interactive version of your character into any website that supports embedded content.
- Full Screen Mode—This feature will allow you to view the character in a full screen backdrop.
Options are provided to toggle the display of a character’s helm,cloak, and tabard, and allow you to change the backdrop used in full screen mode.
In addition to the 3D model viewer, Blizzard has released the Character feed feature which allows you to add a live, filterable feed of achievements, boss kills, and more to your RSS reader of choice.
Also in this update was the Calendar feed feature, which allows you to export up to five character calendars to online calendars such as Google Calendar and update it automatically as new items are added to your in-game calendar.