If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Tea + Google = Dream Job

TeramonaTeramona Baroness von PuttenhamIn a cute little love nest with Mymidan. Icrontian
edited Sep 2015 in The Pub

So, I posted about this earlier on Facebook. It's been in the works for a couple of months now, but I just got my official start day in an email earlier today, and I wanted to share the news with my Icrontic family!

I'M THE NEW FACE OF TEA AT GOOGLE!

For a long time I've been really passionate about tea in all its works, and now I've lucked in to my absolute DREAM job. I will be running classes and tastings, and hand picking tea to share with the employees of Google, and running their brand new tea lounge. My office is going to be a zen garden with a skylight. A SKYLIGHT, GUYS!

I really do want to bring tea culture to America, because as it stands most people associate it with their grandmother's chintzy china, or their daughter's doll house… But it's just such an amazing plant, with such a rich and interesting history, and I think it's time that tea was a real part of the conversation.

And Google agrees with me.

This is the first step, and I'm so SO excited!

_kChoochprimesuspectPirateNinjaStraight_ManCBWinfreyBobbyDigiHumerusMegUPSLynxCantimertesnRyderJokkeGargoyleLincWagsFTWRequitIlriyasBasilBuddyJZanthiand3k0yGuppyBlackHawkdrasnorKoreishRahnalH102ThraxHeroRyanFodderardichokeEMTGHoosdumMyrmidonAnnesJBoogalooObsidianSazbean

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

You can send me samples you need opinions on. Don't forget the aged white cheddar that is almost too crumbly!

Congrats! Seems like you have really loved tea and bringing the joy of tea to others.

Teramonalulufitzgerald
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Hot diggity damn

GnomeQueenTeramona
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ @TheButterflyman Icrontian

Super!

When I saw your Job title added to your Facebook earlier, I was certain it was a joke, like that's not a real thing, this is Terin saying that this would be just about the perfect thing for her if it existed, but it doesn't exist. I felt sorry for your friends who thought you were serious, but it's like actually a real thing, and I SuperLove that it's a real thing, and that you get to do it.

Quite.

GnomeQueenTeramonaprimesuspectUPSLynxBasil
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian

This is the best thing. There has never existed one so perfect for a job.

-Digi

TeramonaGnomeQueen
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited Sep 2015

Can I put whisky in tea?

Also congratulations!

TeramonaUPSLynx
  • TeramonaTeramona Baroness von Puttenham In a cute little love nest with Mymidan. Icrontian

Thank you so much! I waffled back and fourth on whether or not to tell everyone about this, because I feel super undeserving of such an awesome opportunity… But the amount of support and congratulations that I've gotten over the news has been overwhelming and has made me feel so much more confident about myself and what I can do. No one has responded with surprise, but so many people have responded with "you deserve this", and that's been wonderful to hear.

Icrontea party to celebrate? :D

GnomeQueenSazbean
  • GargoyleGargoyle Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Illinois Icrontian

This sounds awesome! Congrats Terin!

I'd work a much crappier job if my office was a zen garden.

Teramona
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Woot woot!

Teramona
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

happy for you!!

TeramonaGnomeQueen
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian

Ahhhh... this is so amazing! So excited for you and your dream job! Cheers to your new adventure!

TeramonaGnomeQueen
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

Hooray Terin! This sounds amazing :D CONGRATS AGAIN! :D

Teramona
  • TeramonaTeramona Baroness von Puttenham In a cute little love nest with Mymidan. Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    You have every reason to be 100% confident. You are powerful.

Heck yes! I'm a level 10 tea wizard. I get +1 to all google rolls, and advantage on AOE drink attacks.

RydermertesnGnomeQueenSazbean
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

That's freakin cool!!!

TeramonaGnomeQueen
  • doabarrellrolldoabarrellroll San Jose, CA Icrontian

@Teramona Do you know which office you'll be located? I'm in Mountain View at HQ.

@doabarrellroll said:
    Teramona Do you know which office you'll be located? I'm in Mountain View at HQ.

Venice Beach. The building with the giant binoculars. :)

Ryder

I love you guys.

HumerusMegZanthianGnomeQueen
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian

That's really awesome. Congratulations.

Teramona
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

:biggrin: so freakin awesome!!!

Teramona
  • doabarrellrolldoabarrellroll San Jose, CA Icrontian

@Teramona said:

That's a cool office.

TeramonaUPSLynx
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Milford, OH Icrontian

This is so amazing. I am very happy for you.

GnomeQueenTeramona

When do you start and do you get Expo off

GnomeQueenCBRyanFodderTeramona
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@primesuspect said:

And how much fancy google tea swag are you bringing us to promote Google Tea™ in the midwest?

primesuspectGHoosdumTeramona
    edited Sep 2015

The Expo 2016 Tea Party Sponsored By Google better be A) a thing and B) the most amazing

GHoosdumZanthianGnomeQueenSazbean
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Sounds awesome, congrats.

Teramona

@primesuspect said:

@primesuspect said:
    The Expo 2016 Tea Party Sponsored By Google better be A) a thing and B) the most amazing

September 14th, and I'm definitely going to try and swing it… Also, if Icrontea Party '16 is a thing, it'll be the most majestic thing your human eyes could witness without dying of it afterward.

mertesnGnomeQueen

I don't know... I've seen Dan's hair...

GnomeQueen
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Congratulations! That's amazing and you'll be amazing ;) Sooper happy for you!

Teramona

Google: Multi-billion dollar global corporation. Can't take a new employee photo to save their lives.

SazbeanUPSLynxTeramona