Dragon's Lair the movie (IndieGoGo) campaign

Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian ScoundrelIndianapolis, IN Icrontian

Don Bluth will be launching an Indiegogo campaign December 1st to turn Dragon's Lair into a 2d animated movie. The preview link is below campaign link to follow as soon as it's available.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dragon-s-lair-the-movie/coming_soon
Please, help bring this animation legend back to the big screen.

primesuspectmertesnCliff_Forster

Comments

• I remember the first time I saw a Dragon's Lair machine. I was in a Chuck E Cheese competitor called Rivertowne. This place had a full animatronic band and the full host of early 80's arcade classics but the first thing you saw when you walked in was a Dragon's Lair machine, it was separated from the arcade floor so you could really see and hear it. While Dragon's Lair isn't a particularly great gameplay expereince, it still drove the art form forward. It was a technological marvel and I couldn't take my eyes off it. My brother and I bothered my father to take us back to it over and over again. Animatronic band, so what, Dig Dug... Been there done that, Dragon's Lair!!! My eight year old eyes and ears were going "HOLY SHIT!"

How many game cabinets can you recall the first time you saw them with that kind of precision? That's the impact it had, it was unlike anything you had ever seen and it got your imagination going to where games might be in the future. Without it I'm not sure when something like the Sony Playstation ever happens.

If they do a film I hope they do it Don Bluth style. That animation style is a lost art and I'd love to see someone pull it off.

primesuspect
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dragon-s-lair-returns#/
    IT HAS BEGUN! $102,084/$250,000 already funded!

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

I was a little disappointed to read that it's a pitch presentation video and not a feature-length movie...but it made the goal amount make a lot more sense. Hopefully the full movie gets made.