If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

I made a (musical) thing.

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic Virginia Icrontian

So, backstory time. I was lost on YouTube, like we all often are, and I came across a terrible cover of Funkadelic's "Maggot Brain". If you haven't heard that song, check it out. Anyway, after a minor journey down the wonderful road Eddie Hazel created in my head, I launched Guitar Rig 5 and grabbed my guitar. I played around with a simple loop and an improvisational lead line over it. It's clumsy and poorly composed. Mainly because I don't ever record or write music, ever. The basics are there, but I just hit record and made this in one take without really knowing what I was trying to accomplish other than working on the tone of the amp models I was using. The tempo is off in some spots as well. Here it is. Enjoy. Feedback of all kinds is welcomed.

primesuspectRahnalH102NullenVoyd

Comments

• SignalSignal Icrontian

I don't know what the hell you just said, but i like it.

Sonorous
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian

Very nice, especially for one take!
    I like the pacing, and it's got a good ramp-up, but I would wonder if adding some reverb or softening the breaks would make it even smoother.
    If you wanted to flesh it out a bit more you could also do a basic bass track by loosening your big E string and seeing what works.

Very awesome, and thanks for sharing!

Sonorous