If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Sims 4

StackStack Sassy and short Icrontian

Let's talk Sims! I love Sims and totally forgot about how much I loved it. I just bought Sims 4 in hopes of remembering all the good times I had playing this game when I was younger. Do you guys love Sims? Have any funny stories? Still playing? Let's chat. :)

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian

So I'm gonna sound biased because lol work at EA, but seriously, The Sims is one of my favorite franchises.

It's been a "secret game" of mine forever, because I thought people would thought I was a scrub if I said I loved The Sims, but turns out, everyone kinda feels like that.

When the first Sims came out, it was one of the most anticipated games of all time for me. I was so excited I thought about it for weeks. I bought it on day one and played the hell out of it. I bought the expansions for it (which is something I NEVER do with games, even ones I love). I modded it, and just kept playing it.

I did the same for Sims 2 when I was in college, and I loved it. Again, bought a couple expansions for it.

For some reason, call it life or whatever else, I completely missed The Sims 3. To this day, I haven't played it at all. No clue why, but I hear it was awesome.

I was working at EA by the time The Sims 4 came out, and I was so pumped for it. Though TS3 fans complained about it at launch due to lack of content (something I personally found to be unsubstantiated), I played it a lot when it came out, and so did a bunch of people in Icrontic (here and here)

Again, gonna sound like a shill, but TS4 has had some seriously awesome EPs and game packs. I love that game, and it's gonna keep on getting better.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Somewhere on my hard drive, I've got screenshots from my first run through of The Sims 1 (because I'm a maniac and I never lose files). I couldn't find them, but I did find this, which was the first time I burned sims to death because I guess that's what you do in these games.

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian

It is a most excellent murder simulator.

DontCallMeKelso
  • StackStack Sassy and short Icrontian

I remember being so sad when my character died in the game

• elyxandraelyxandra Hamilton, Ontario Icrontian

I've been watching a lot of Sims4 build videos lately, and after seeing this conversation pop up I really wanted to play again.
    Unfortunately it took 2 hours to update my origin game platform. Guess I'll be up late :biggrin:

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso The one they call... Kelso San Jose, CA Icrontian

As someone who worked on The Sims 4 for a year...

My first The Sims was 1 and all it's expansions and then I played 2, skipped 3, and worked on 4.

I enjoyed it back in the day, it was fun to mess around with, but after working on it, I would never come home and play it (except launch week when we all did), I couldn't after spending all day in the game.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited Jun 2016

I like the Sims, but I can never convince myself to spend as much as they ask for all those stupid "expansions", yeah I know money for work and so on. But 30-40 bucks for maybe 1/4 of what the original game offered.

Yesterday I sat down and put in 6 hours, no regrets!

Sonorous
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic Virginia Icrontian

I've always enjoyed The Sims franchise from the very first one. I've never understood why some people think it odd to enjoy these games. I just wish it wasn't so expensive for additional content, but it's always been that way.

I spent hours fighting with Origin trying to get it to let me play Sims 4... I guess no more Sims for me :bawl:

@elyxandra said:
    I spent hours fighting with Origin trying to get it to let me play Sims 4... I guess no more Sims for me :bawl:

noooooooo :(

I got my Sims 4 back up and running on Friday and then got sucked in and played for 5 hours when I should have been sleeping.
    It was glorious!

MassalinieprimesuspectRyderStack