If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Now that I have income, help me mod my car

13»

Comments

• drasnordrasnor Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

UPSLynx
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian

@TheRedburn said:
    Geo exploded last night

Context: I gave Aaron my old Passat (a bit of a repair bill magnet), so Aaron gave Kyle the Geo. He is still very protective of the Geo's reputation and was always a bit salty about giving up his "perfectly good car" that rarely needed repairs to keep running.

Me: "I admit I feel a little better about this repair bill on the Passat now."

Aaron, immediately: "Kyle probably did something wrong."

;D

TheRedburnGHoosdumUPSLynxWagsFTW
  • TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian

Man, I did that car so much right, I can't even defend it anymore. I'm so upset

LincWagsFTW
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I don't think anybody ever loved a shitty old Geo Prizm more than you did, bud.

Cliff_ForsterUPSLynxWagsFTW
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Baltimore, MD Icrontian

Reminds me of my old Dodge Omni. I was riding along one day and the bottom just kinda fell out. Seriously, the frame, it just broke doing 40 MPH. It sounds funny now, wasn't at the time. Imagine driving along, in your first beater piece of garbage and suddenly BANG and immediate stop. Basically a shock spring shot out, pressed against the frame, compromised a bad weld and the bottom literally came out of the car on Route 1. Tow truck comes, I get it to the shop, find out the repair cost.... own a Nissan pick up and an auto loan a week later.

I got $125 for parts. I had to negotiate for the extra $25. That's what a garbage pile it was. At the time, felt like a disaster, as my Dad says, this too shall pass.

TheRedburn
13»