If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Pokemon GO

167891012»

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian

for a day

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

That's all's I need. Anyway... did you go see Matt?

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Martin wants to be on Team Blue with Betsy and Me, but he clicked too fast, and got on Team Red. Does he have to start over from scratch, or is there something that can be done to change team?

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited 13 Jul

Unfortunately he'll have to start over. While there is a one time granted in-game name change for each trainer, I don't believe I've ever seen someone successfully change teams.

-Digi

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

That's sad. Then, how can he start over?

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Apparently that form says you can't reuse the email address again for a new account

@CrazyJoe said:
    Apparently that form says you can't reuse the email address again for a new account

Yeah, that's less than ideal.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

could try email+pokemongo@domain.com. They might not do validation that makes that the same, but mail delivery should work.

Well, it's easy to get a new email address to use, but it means he won't be able to log in my just pushing the log-in with Google button, and he'll lose his cool username. :/ But if it's the only way, it's the only way. A shame there is no user friendly way to fix this.

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

Could contact the company and request a complete deletion of the user/account, leaving the e-mail and username open for a new registration.

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian

You can move the same email to a second, new account. It's a PITA.

I made my account with pokemon trainer club login. Their servers suck. I was already past lvl25 or so, so I didn't want to start over.

I had also accidentally made a new account with my Google account. It was level 6 or something. Same username, just capitalized. I guess username is case sensitive.

So...

You can associate an account with two authentication sources simultaneously. There are three available, and to have to have one assigned at any time.

So I took my old garbage Google-authenticated account and added Facebook authentication. Log out of the app, and log in with Facebook. Now Google could be removed.

Log out, and log in to good account with pokemon trainer club. Add Google, now that it's not assigned to any account.

Log out, log in with google. Optionally, emove pokemon trainer club.

Now using Google to log on with my main account, and no more login timeouts via pokemon trainer club.

So - you're not "trapped" if you associate your email with an account you no longer want. Just do this.

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian

Oh, and try using the same username on the new account, but change Capitalization or use snakeCase or CamelCase.

Not sure if it was an oversight when the app first came out, but I have both geeklimit and Geeklimit, they're different accounts.

I tried making a pokemon Trainers account, but the log in just wouldn't ever work, so I ended up making him a Facebook account just to log into Pokemon Go with. So, he lost his progress and his username, but it's not too bad, and this time, when he hit level five, I made sure he got the right team. :)

Massalinie
167891012»