Comments

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

For the kiddos please #kindnessmatters

oni_dels
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

@Snarkasm said:

@malia said:

@Snarkasm said:
    It got brought up in my 9,000-person staff meeting today - our CEO wants to eliminate all pokestops here to avoid undesired traffic. Verona PD reported two vehicle collisions due to people driving and playing Go, too.

NOOOOO!!!!! Where will I walk the dogs for pokeballs now?!?!?!??!?

(I live next door to Snarky's work)

You should come by for lunch someday before you leave! Or we should find some time to hang out once more, at least.

I would love to! I have heard tell of the wonders of Epic Cafeteria, but have never eaten there. Otherwise, we should be in town this weekend if you happen to be free. Will PM my phone number; send me a text to plan!

• elyxandraelyxandra St. Catharines, Ontario Icrontian

@Massalinie said:
    I am with Wind, a cheaper cell phone company with whom I have been very happy until now,

I'm on Wind as well. It's been working alright for most of my journeys, but there seems to be a dead zone in the neighbourhood behind my condo where I lose connectivity. I would have had my jogger badge and a few more hatched eggs by now if it weren't for the dropped connection. :angry:

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    I seriously cannot wrap my head around how quickly this game has changed my city. No hyperbole: This game is revolutionary.

I was out tonight all over downtown Detroit and the riverfront. There were hundreds of people playing. I talked to at least 15 strangers of all ages and races, friendly banter, friendly smack talk about teams and fighting gyms. Everybody was laughing, smiling. I showed the game to three older muslim women. I had a throwdown with a group of hispanic kids and then a group of black kids showed up and started laughing and talking smack with us. Adults. Cops. Kids. Office workers. Everybody.

All playing.

So are you trying to say Pokemon lives matter? :p

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

@elyxandra said:

I'm on Wind as well. It's been working alright for most of my journeys, but there seems to be a dead zone in the neighbourhood behind my condo where I lose connectivity. I would have had my jogger badge and a few more hatched eggs by now if it weren't for the dropped connection. :angry:

My home city is not bad, I do okay walking my dog, catch some things get the Poke-stops fine. But I work an hour away in a different city where the Wind "border" if you will, crosses right through the street my office is on. In my office I get 4 bars 4G solid connection, at our front desk I get nothing. I get nothing on the street or the parking lot or anywhere up to the highway several blocks north of us. This is not new and hasn't really bothered me. Google maps will still work as long as I start it before I leave the office (lol) I have had no issues whatsoever with any other apps (except obviously in dead zones but those are pretty rare around here, my office is a weird exception; usually I at least get the "Roaming" regions). But for some reason even in like Stanley Park where I had (allegedly) 4bars of 4G, it just doesn't want to load. It struggles to load the game at all, often I get a map but no player data and no Pokemon seem to ever show up, I can see Pokestops but they often won't load either, although sometimes I get them anyway and they'll show up in my journal later. Restarting sometimes results in the app not starting at all.

The struggle is real.

elyxandra
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2016

So if you can do about 60 evolves per lucky egg timer, you'd need 181 Pokemon caught to to have enough candy plus evolvable Pokemon.

You need balls, and since sometimes it takes 4 balls to catch a lvl 50 Weedle... lets day on average 1.3 balls per Pokemon you need 236 balls to do it. Again rough average of 3 balls per stop means 79 stops, times 100exp per stop is 7,900.

Catch exp being 18,100, total evolve Exp during lucky egg is 60,000, for a total of 86,000.

25,000,000 total experience to 40, so you'd have to do this 290ish times considering you get a little extra exp from discoveries,gym battles and such.

So about 5-6 years to get max level, playing casually but regularly, holding 2 gyms five days a week for enough gold to not have to buy the eggs.

Unless they implement something to do that gives more exp, maybe max level shouldn't be your goal here. Hah.

BuddyJ
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

I hope they will intruce trading in a future update, since there are many icrontian all over the place, having region specific pokemon will be easier...

Also, irl battles, like the actual pokemon game (someone near you is a trainer? You battle)

edited July 2016

Yeah, it needs more, though its fun to fight over the local brewery.

RyanFodderprimesuspectoni_dels
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I have one of very few Snorlax that popped up yesterday at work. Managed to grab a Grimer (which I heard was European-specific at this point, but I dunno) and an Onix today just sitting at my desk. My 9 year old is very excited for trading because there's not as much unique stuff here in Fenton like there is in Detroit and Ann Arbor (where my wife works).

If you need electric types in Detroit, hang out at the RenCen. I picked up 7 Voltorb and 5 Magnemite in 2 trips around the building this week.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Level 5, decisions must be made...

-Digi

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

Team Valor because its the best

maliaBuddyJ
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Mystic or gtfo valor is for tryhards

SonorousGnomeQueenUPSKingpinUPSLynx
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    Mystic or gtfo Phalor is for tryhards

Cuz dicks.

UPSKingpin
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    Level 5, decisions must be made...

-Digi

I'm level 8 and I still haven't decided

Mystic4life.

CBGnomeQueenUPSKingpin
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Quite happy with valor. Everyone in than send to be fairly split, though my Coworkers and i are faintly increasing the red gyms.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

More like Shitstic. VALOR4EVER.

MiracleManS
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I had the worst Pokemon Go experience I've ever had today.

I found a Golbat in the wild. Cool. He was 983 with an orange ring. Awesome. Not bad, right?

No matter what I did, I ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT CATCH HIM. Guys, I'm level 18. I know how to catch 'em. I know how to nail Nice, Great, Excellent. I know how to Curveball. I know how to Razzberry. I know how to Great Ball. I know all the tricks.

No matter what I did, he either knocked them away or popped out repeatedly. I'd throw, the ball would curve WAY to the left or right. I'd throw, he'd knock it away.

I spent over A HUNDRED POKEBALLS on him. I used 30 Pokeballs and SEVENTY SEVEN GREAT BALLS. I USED THEM ALL. I USED ALL MY BALLS

Then I was done. I had to run.

Fuck everything AND FUCK YOU, GOLBAT.

ZanthianBuddyJRahnalH102MassalinieHumerusMegardichokeGarg
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Sounds like #DatMysticLife isn't all it's cracked up to be?

-Digi

Thrax

Yeah, valor could have caught him np.

BuddyJMAGIC
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    Guise I have NO BALLS.

fix't

Anyone (with Android) who's super cereal about PoGo needs this companion app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbapps.pokeevolutioncalc

Calculate evolution CPs, IVs, Pidgey farming, etc.

@primesuspect said:
    You mean you're just delaying your choice of Mystic, the only team that matters.

Yeah pretty much haha At work we have one Valor and one Instinct, literally everyone else I have asked is Mystic so it would seem to be my best choice. Getting boyfriend pressure though, @FettBacon chose Valor!

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Mystic for life. I tried my first gym battle and died a horrible, fiery death after the first pokemon was near my low level and the second was a more expected 10x my level.

MassalinieMAGIC