I feel like my tolerance for becoming nauseated while gaming has been going downhill to the point where I should try to do something about it. Background information:
- I primarily play on my living room HTPC with an 85" front projector ~15 ft away at eye level. I usually sit offset from center by about 4 ft.
- I have no problem with TF2, Portal, KSP, Dust, EVE, Unreal 2k4, Overwatch, Skyrim, Battlefield (any), or MechWarrior (any).
- I have never been able to play the original Half Life for more than 15 minutes at a time on any computer/setup I've ever owned. Unreal Alpha, Fallout 4, Obduction, and the PC version of Beyond Good and Evil all make me sick in less than an hour.
- I don't ordinarily get sick while playing console games but recently felt ill after watching friends play Twilight Princess on their TV.
- Handhelds don't give me any trouble.
I've been thinking about getting a SHIELD or some sort of handheld streaming device since I don't own another TV/monitor and don't have a desk. I'm also worried that VR is going to suck for me.
Do any of y'all have similar responses and what are good solutions for you? Any other suggestions?