Horizontal PC cases?

lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientistPortland, OR Icrontian

Does anyone make a decent horizontal mini-ITX case? As in, for a DIY console with a right-angle PCI riser for a full-sized GPU? I've got a Fractal Design Node 304—see my old review on this very site!—but kind of want something I can slide under the couch. (Yes, I have odd & possibly inadvisable requirements)

primesuspectGarg

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

Maybe one of these fits your specs.

• http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/node-series/node-202-integra-sfx-450w-psu

The Node 202 has it's own GPU chamber for up to 310 mm long cards.

• lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian

Yeah, I've randomly googled & seen cases like those Silverstones and I'm considering the Node 202. Anyone around these parts actually built a PC with one?

• Been a long time since I did one for somebody's home theater rack. At that time I used an Antec case that I don't believe is in production any longer. Silverstone quality is usually pretty good, I know the Fractal stuff is all built amazing. What GPU will you be using?

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:
    I know the Fractal stuff is all built amazing.

I like the look of many of their designs, but unfortunately the mATX tower I bought was a disappointment (hard drives don't fit properly with cables attached, 2/3 fans died in first year). The fans aren't that big of deal, but regarding fit, I wouldn't recommend buying a case from them until you've found a review of that particular model saying there are no major issues. I guess that's decent advice regardless of manufacturer.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian
    edited February 2017

Man how dusty does that thing get under a couch, with hardwood floors, and a cat?

EDIT: For actual advice. Maybe a Lian-Li something like this http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-q19/
    I have the NCase which was Lian-Li manufactured and I got say that the manufacturing on it is top notch no problems. I have not however ever worked in a Lian-Li designed case, but I do hear great things.

BlueTattoolmorchard
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

@Karma said:
    EDIT: For actual advice. Maybe a Lian-Li something like this http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-q19/

Ooo, that's nice. I have a PC-A05FN, and I wouldn't mind another Lian-Li when I downsize to micro-ATX. The build quality is superb, they sell replacement parts (I got an vented top panel), and the light weight is always appreciated when I move it around.

• lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian

@Karma said:
    Man how dusty does that thing get under a couch, with hardwood floors, and a cat?

It's actually not too bad. We have wood floors and the couch is pretty tall. It's not much different than if it were next to a desk or something IMO. I check it out every month or so, clean off the filter screens & such. It's never really all that dirty.