If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

TweakDragon 1st build

TweakDragonTweakDragon Sitting In The Sweater That Hug MePottstown, PA Member

Im starting to get ready to do my first rig but am not 100% on the build. My first hurdle I have is that the rig needs to built within a budget of $350. Currently these are the parts I am looking to order but could change with advice.

Parts:

• AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • Cooler Master Hyper T4 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler
  • Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard
  • Western Digital AV-GP 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
  • MSI Radeon R7 250 2GB Video Card
  • Azza SIRIUS ATX Mid Tower Case
  • Thermaltake TR2 430W ATX Power Supply
  • Asus Xonar DG 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card

I know i have no memory listed due to I might get some from a friend.Just waiting on him to reply with the stats. I am missing optical drive cause I wasn't sure what i wanted. The only part that is set in stone is the Azza SIRIUS Case.

Comments

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic Virginia Icrontian

Is there a specific reason you want to add a Xonar? Drop that and add the $30 to your video card budget to get something like an R7 360. If you have a spare $10 you could find an RX 460 for around $100.

TweakDragon
  • TweakDragonTweakDragon Sitting In The Sweater That Hug Me Pottstown, PA Member

Honestly I thought I need to have a sound card. My friend memory won't work so now I also got to look into that now too any suggestions?

• drasnordrasnor Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

I'd suggest getting the cheapest name-brand DDR3 you can find. This is on sale: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226398

TweakDragon