If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !SoCal Icrontian

It's $30 but has amazing potential for fun. Think Hunger Games ish? All the awesome of Battle Royal without the kids?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/578080/

You can drop into the world as a 1-4 man team. Boarder shrinks until 1 remains.

If a group is down, I'm in.

A Taste here

-Digi

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Interested!

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

For those interested in the game, I enjoy this twitch personality who mains this game: https://www.twitch.tv/drdisrespectlive

It's over the top, but it grows on you and is pretty entertaining after a while.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso The one they call... Kelso Boston, MA Icrontian

Off topic: That persona got that person a CM job on CoD about 6 years ago

On topic: I am interested, but I really am hesitant because its the same person who did the DayZ mod and ditched, H1Z1 mode... and ditched.... I just, is this gonna get near out of early access and is he gonna ditch again?

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    Off topic: That persona got that person a CM job on CoD about 6 years ago

On topic: I am interested, but I really am hesitant because its the same person who did the DayZ mod and ditched, H1Z1 mode... and ditched.... I just, is this gonna get near out of early access and is he gonna ditch again?

I concur with Kelso. It looks fun and would love to try it out but this and the fact that my luxuries budget is basically nil since I was in the hospital for a few days back in September, so I'll be paying on that for the next 89572409 years.

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian

This game is amazing and is the next e-sport game for shure.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso The one they call... Kelso Boston, MA Icrontian

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian

@DontCallMeKelso said:

Hmmm, I'll probably wait until a sale then. Even then hopefully the hype stays high. Not worth the $30 roll of the dice to me.

-Digi

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian

The game isn't even released yet. A "sale" might be a bit into the future :P

@TheLostSwede said:
    The game isn't even released yet. A "sale" might be a bit into the future :P

Yup, which is why I hope the hype stays high enough to justify a purchase at that time.

Such is the way of life in the Steam ecosystem

-Digi

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

so is this game good?

CB
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

@shwaip said:
    so is this game good?

I'd like to know as well.

@Gattsu ? (playing right now lol)

@ZenMode @wax

-Digi

• GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian

The bugs can be downright infuriating at times (doesn't happen too often). The shooting mechanics are perplexing under certain circumstances. If you are prone to "jumpscares", this might be a little overwhelming. Nonetheless, I can't stop playing it. This game was exactly what I was looking for after I quit H1Z1 a year ago. I see a great deal of potential for it as they work out the kinks. It's a super tactical game that requires a great deal of prudence with every move. Like an enormous game of chess, with a bit of luck required. It was well worth my $30.