If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

WANTED: Prizes & Prizemaster for Expo 2017

LincLinc BardDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited 1 May in Events

The prize table at Expo is a community effort! You can contribute anything that appeals to this motley crew of gamers personally, or as a company. We always take time to talk up our corporate contributors during the event, including (especially!) indie artists and makers. This is a great way to put something in front of 60 gamers or just secret santa your friends. :cool: If you know a friend or company and want to put us in touch with them, please do.

If you're interested in contributing, post here (include prize description + quantity) or email lincoln AT icrontic.com. We'll post a more coordinated, final list later.

If you're interested in coordinating the prize table, do likewise! The gig includes: labeling ticket jars, taking stock / collecting prizes at the event, making the prize table look great, keeping notes about sponsors, and posting a final prize list on this site.

Comments

• LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian

SHIPPING: Please make sure all prizes arrive NO LATER THAN JUNE 20 unless you are bringing it with you to the event.

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

I can contribute a vial of my tears.

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

@Kwitko said:
    I can contribute a vial of my tears.

I know where all my tickets are going.

I'm contributing a bottle of barrel aged beer, if alcoholic prizes are still viable options.

Linc
    edited 1 May

@GHoosdum said:
    if alcoholic prizes are still viable options.

They are, as long as they're special and they remain a very small proportion of prizes.

GHoosdum
  • drasnordrasnor Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

I'll send some SX swag, I think the 2 hats, 2 shirts, 2 swag worked well last year. I'm thinking L/XL unless there's strong demand for smaller/larger sizes.

LincRyderGHoosdum
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited 1 May

Yes, please!

I will work on the office. Just requested the week off.

LincGHoosdum
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I'll help run the prizes! I think @QCH did it last year? I'd be happy to help him, or take over if he's busy being awesome somewhere else. :)

Linc

Anonymous package of ThinkGeek swag has been received!

GnomeQueenMassalinie
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic Virginia Icrontian

Count me in for something per my usual I'll bring it with me instead of shipping it, as I normally screw up and ship it to myself anyways.

Linc
  • LeahVoiceLeahVoice Hobgoblin of Good Grooming Ferndale, MI Icrontian

@RyanMM Got any of those vacuums still laying around?

RyanMM
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited 23 May

I am bringing 3 pairs of fun slippers!

• 1 pair grey dragon USB heated slippers
    • 1 pair teal dragon light up slippers
    • 1 pair white unicorn light up slippers
    primesuspectSonorousStack
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

@LeahVoice said:
    @RyanMM Got any of those vacuums still laying around?

No, but I may have some beer and other goodies.

LeahVoice
  • lulufitzgeraldlulufitzgerald Milford, Ohio Icrontian

Last year I crocheted some Pokemon. Any requests for prizes this year?

LincTiberiusLazarus
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    edited 23 May

@lulufitzgerald said:

If you could crotchet a baby Groot, that would be pretty darn amazing. I'd pay tickets for that (and probably also real $).

QCHLincLevexStack
  • lulufitzgeraldlulufitzgerald Milford, Ohio Icrontian

@malia said:

@lulufitzgerald said:

If you could crotchet a baby Groot, that would be pretty darn amazing. I'd pay tickets for that (and probably also real $).

Like this guy? https://www.flickr.com/photos/lulufitzgerald/15811305638/in/dateposted-public/

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@lulufitzgerald said:

@malia said:

@lulufitzgerald said:

Like this guy? https://www.flickr.com/photos/lulufitzgerald/15811305638/in/dateposted-public/

GnomeQueenlulufitzgeraldLincMassalinie
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

@lulufitzgerald said:

@malia said:

@lulufitzgerald said:

@lulufitzgerald said:

@malia said:

@lulufitzgerald said:

Exactly like that guy!! <3