SALE! PC parts and gadgets. Spring cleaning!

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited May 2018 in Trading Post

GADGETS

1. Nintendo 3DS 1st-gen -- Mint condition. Full retail packaging. Comes with Dragon Quest IX, Pokemon Black and Pokemon Omega Ruby! Asking $125. This is a killer deal for a kid that wants to get into JRPGs.
  2. Asus U38DT laptop -- A bit dented and banged up, but the screen is fine and it comes with the full retail packaging. Great laptop for a kiddo, plenty fast. I upgraded it to an SSD for you. You'll need to supply Windows somehow ;). Asking $200 shipped.
  3. 64GB OnePlus One -- Comes with a case and tempered glass screen protector. Yes, there is a ~12mm hairline scratch below centerline on the right edge of the screen, yes it is noticeable on some backgrounds. I would describe "fair" condition. It comes pre-loaded with Android 8.1 (very latest) via LineageOS 15.1, the illustrious Franco Kernel, Android 8.1 Google Applications, and a factory reset so it's 100% fresh for setup when you get it. This is a legendarily great phone, and is still super smooth even today. Asking $125 shipped.

KEYBOARDS

1. Vortex POK3R RGB keyboard -- Cherry MX Speed Silver switches (non-clicky, non-tactile, quiet, very low activation force); awesome for gaming. Doubleshot ABS keycaps for supreme legend durability. MiniUSB connectivity. New in box. Asking $130 shipped.
  2. Vortex Core keyboard -- Cherry MX Blue switches (clicky, tactile, mid-stiff activation); my favorite switches for typing! Comes with an ultra-sturdy aluminum case, durable PBT keycaps in a DSA profile (so cool!). This keyboard is really unique and takes some getting used to, but is sturdy as HELL and is great to travel with if you go to LANs or prefer a real keyboard to the crap your laptop came with. Micro USB connectivity. New in box. Asking $120 shipped.
  3. Keycool KC-SP64 keyboard -- Gateron Green RGB switches (clicky, tactile, stiff activation force). These switches are really great; I wish all of my keyboards had them. They're so satisfying to type on. This keyboard has customizable RGB backlighting, a brilliantly sturdy aluminum chassis, a stiff backplate to kill keyboard flex, low-profile DSA keycaps made durable dye-sublimated PBT process, Bluetooth and MicroUSB connectivity. This is a really nice keyboard, but I just don't have room for it in my life. New in box. Asking $120 shipped.

PC HARDWARE

1. AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU -- Watercooled. 2015's flagship GPU. Pretty god damn fast, even today. Asking $275 shipped.
  2. Intel Xeon 5675 + Asus P6T motherboard + 24GB tri-channel DDR3-1600 -- It may not be new, but she's got good bones. 6 cores, 12 threads, and 24GB of RAM is a solid foundation for a budget gaming box. Please note that this CPU is a multiplier-locked engineering sample: AT80613004800AD Q3QP. Asking $150 shipped.
  3. Core i7-6700K + Asus Maximus VIII motherboard + 16GB DDR4-3000 -- This is still a serious kit of hardware in 2018. The CPU will run 4.5GHz all day long at 1.35V, and the memory will easily OC to DDR4-3200 if you change the timings to 16/16/16/38. This is a platform that will eat PC 2018 PC games for breakfast, and is a good fit for even the most powerful GPUs. When you get it, I'll show you what settings to change in the BIOS to get the same overclock I've been running for a long time. And if you're feeling especially saucy: I'll throw in a shim for bare die cooling if you want to delid this sucker. Asking $450 shipped for the whole kit.

Y'all know me. You know I'm good for this stuff. If it doesn't work, throw it in the trash and you'll get your money back.

I only accept PayPal. I do not ship outside the US. If it's small enough to fit in my luggage, I can just bring it to you at Expo.

ICPM, please.

TushonBuddyJGarg

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Bompz. Added Radeon R9 Fury X GPU.

Bump!

One happy customer got their parts today. Anyone need a great keyboard, cheap and cheerful laptop, filthy cheap 3DS bundle and more? Send icpm!

Bumpity bump. Packing for travel soon.

Bumpity bump!

Added OnePlus One.

bump!

edited May 2018

Bump for SPRING CLEANING 2018!

//Sale log:

5/25/2018 -- FiiO E10 DAC/Amp SOLD! $50 final price.
    5/26/2018 -- Anne Pro Obins SOLD! $75 final price.

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited May 2018

Imagine for a moment you have a friend who is hyper in to tech and researching a thing before they buy, to make sure the thing will meet this friend's stringent standards. Then that friend buys and uses whatever thing for a small period of time, only stopping using the thing because they prefer to use something slightly better if the option is available. After making sure the original thing is still in great condition, the friend practically gives them away to other friends at prices far less than market and you don't have to worry about doing any of the research yourself.

In short, you get a well-vetted product for cheap without having to do a lick of research. This is a cool friend, and a neat deal. I enjoy Spring Cleaning.

ThraxRyderTushon
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Do any of those keyboards have a numpad? If so, will buy.

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited May 2018

@RyanFodder said:
    Do any of those keyboards have a numpad? If so, will buy.

None of them do. Rob says "numbpads are useless.." I disagree.

maliaGHoosdum
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Pfff. I use my numpad constantly.

GHoosdumRyanFodder
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

Accountant here, someone say numpad?

GargGHoosdum

Numpads are dead to me.

RyderGHoosdum
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

I have strong opinions about numpads too which is why I scooped up one. :ninja:

Thrax
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited May 2018

Numpads are for men with baby hands.

I wish I could justify the Vortex Pok3r. I have something too similar that is working fine.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2018

@Cliff_Forster said:

?Talk

Cliff_Forster
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Ryder said:

@Cliff_Forster said:

?Talk

Indeed

Cliff_Forster
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

When you're typing in IP addresses all day long, you appreciate the convenience that is the numpad.

MiracleManSSonorousmertesnCyclonite
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@Kwitko said:
    When you're typing in IP addresses all day long, you appreciate the convenience that is the numpad.

And phone numbers.

And MAC Addresses

And WWPNs

And using the calculator

GHoosdum

Guys. My job is 60% MS Excel. Numpads are dead to me. Get outta here, ya hosers.

Cliff_Forster

I am now removing OT posts from this thread.