Kuhnhenn Winter Solstice Release 2017

This discussion was created from comments split from: Icrontic Beer Traders.
Linc

Comments

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

Kuhnhenn has begun pre-sales for their Winter Solstice, in the most janky-ass non-SSL webstore ever. At least the payment is via paypal.

No proxies, in-person pickup only (in Clinton Twp, not Warren) on December 21st.

http://kbrewery.com/solstice/ if you need to get your BB4D or BBBW fix for this year. cc @Linc

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

@RyanMM said:
    Kuhnhenn has begun pre-sales for their Winter Solstice, in the most janky-ass non-SSL webstore ever. At least the payment is via paypal.

No proxies, in-person pickup only (in Clinton Twp, not Warren) on December 21st.

http://kbrewery.com/solstice/ if you need to get your BB4D or BBBW fix for this year. cc @Linc

Can confirm, site is janky as hell... but I got some beer reserved.. HELL YES. Thanks @RyanMM for the post :D

RyanMM
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

For the record, pickup is Dec 21st THRU Dec 31st - for folks coming to ICNY, this is very important. Ahem @UPSLynx. I won't be in town the 21st and almost skipped ordering til I read the site.

RyanMM
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Damnit. Out of stock on all of them :(

Well, I guess if anyone doesn't want their full allotment I'd be willing to buy a couple bottles. I was only looking for a 4 pack or two of BBA BW and 4D.

I currently see 20 4-packs of BBA BW and 6 of the Imperial Stout (of which I saw zero earlier). I think maybe folks are reserving things and then timing out their cart or something?

Super bummed there's no Dark Heathen this year. That stole 4D's throne this past year, I think.

Managed to get a 4-pack of Barleywine. That website is an utter catastrophe. It's also VERY classic Kuhnhenn.

LincMAGICRyanMM
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I got in for more. They said elsewhere they'd be breaking up their big 20 packs if more people were buying 4 packs, so perhaps that is what they did. I saw most out of stock earlier when I bought some magic wheel, but just grabbed a variety pack and imperial stout. Gonna have to buy bud light to drink for a while now.

@Linc said:
    Super bummed there's no Dark Heathen this year. That stole 4D's throne this past year, I think.

I have more of 2015 if you need it. heh

@UPSLynx said:
    Damnit. Out of stock on all of them :(

They have some more mix 4packs in stock right now - 11 total:
    http://kbrewery.com/product/barrel-aged-mixed-4-pack/

Considering that the stout is out of stock, that's the only way to get any of that right now. I'm good on Barleywine and 4D but would love some stout, so we could order a few of those and divvy it up between us.

More 4 packs of stout in the Kuhnhenn store. I hear it's fucking FIRE.

@RyanMM said:
    More 4 packs of stout in the Kuhnhenn store. I hear it's fucking FIRE.

OK FINE

RyanMM

After attending the first day of Solstice, I am going to say that everyone who bought beer has choosen...wisely.

Remember, bottle pickups are exclusively at Clinton Township - so don't drive to the Warren location expecting to pick up your bottles!

@RyanMM Yeah, it sounds like we hitting the Clinton taproom on Saturday the 30th if you care to join.

There is an odd lack of @Gargoyle in this discussion.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

I keep checking their site, and they're always sold out of stouts and barleywines.

Icrontic sez: "hey they've got more stuff"
    Gargoyle checks
    All gone. :sad:

I'm considering getting an Eisbock, though.

@Linc said:
    @RyanMM Yeah, it sounds like we hitting the Clinton taproom on Saturday the 30th if you care to join.

Would love to, that's the day I'll be hitting the opposite side of the metro area for another family thing.

@Gargoyle said:
    I keep checking their site, and they're always sold out of stouts and barleywines.

Icrontic sez: "hey they've got more stuff"
    Gargoyle checks
    All gone. :sad:

I'm considering getting an Eisbock, though.

The raspberry was very good this year. I would suggest trying the others on tap before committing to any bottles - all were good but they are pricey. At this point, I suspect the Eisbocks (except maybe the blackberry, which was the lowest number produced) will last for weeks.

Garg