SPOILERS HERE - StarWars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi Post Viewing Extravaganza - SPOILERS HERE

1235»

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited March 2018

In case any of yall missed this, buried inside an episode of Star Wars Show (because yeah I doubt many of you watch that regularly). They showcased a deleted scene yesterday showing an alternate ending to the Finn/Phasma battle at the end of the movie and boy, it is a doozy. Honestly can't believe they cut it, it's really only about a minute and a half of extra running time to the film. It adds more depth to Phasma, and ties together some of the stuff from TFA. Check it out:

(Scene starts at 1:37 if the link doesn't automatically go there).

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

That was way better imo.

AlexDeGruven
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I've felt she was under-utilized entirely so far, and this proves me right.

I'm guessing it was cut for flow or continuity, but I really wish there would have been a way they could have kept it in.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

That Phasma deleted scene is better than all of Canto Bight.

UPSLynx
  • Probably got deleted for prequel level dialoge and acting. It isn't a bad idea but it is poorly executed.

TushonLinc
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

I'm with @Cliff_Forster on this one. I don't think that cut was a hard choice. (There may be mitigating circumstances like other bits that were cut as well, and I'm sure the lack of polish makes it feel worse than it is, but it doesn't change my feeling that this aside deserved the ax).

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited March 2018

Apparently Laura Dern couldn't stop saying pew when firing her weapon during the filming of star wars.

Proof:

https://huffingtonpost.com/entry/laura-dern-mouthed-pew-star-wars-the-last-jedi_us_5aaa6220e4b0004c0407d742

Cliff_Forster
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

They updated this masterpiece for The Last Jedi. Tears.

AlexDeGruvenBobbyDigiCliff_Forster