If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

SOLO TRAILER!!!!! Memorial Weekend!

AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated.Meechigan Icrontian

I'm so pumped that we don't have to wait until Christmas for the next Star Wars universe movie.

The teaser teaser dropped during the Superb Owl last night. And the full teaser dropped this morning:

Hype.

And the teaser from last night:

I really can't wait for Donald Glover as Lando.

Cliff_ForsterGargoyleMAGIC

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian

Current work chat discussion:

I think Chris Pratt would have been better.

Disagree. Chris Pratt is awesome, but he doesn't have the edge needed. He's a self-deprecating kind of wit.

A Chris Pratt Solo wouldn't shoot first.

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Baltimore, MD Icrontian

Kid looks good but I wish his voice was a bit deeper. Harrison Ford has the best speaking voice anywhere. It's a huge part of what makes him seem so cool all the time.

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian

Looks fun!

Cliff_Forster
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I'm here for it. I LOVED Rogue One. I loved Star Wars without magic, sabers, and force wizards. This should be a good time.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian

Yeah, I'm hoping they take a cue from Rogue One. Not everything is lifting things and laser swords.

I like what they've shown already in that he is either trying to get into the imperial flight academy, OR, posing as someone trying to get in as a way to steal something.

The former could be the turning point that sends him down his scruffy nerf-herder ways, which could be an interesting angle.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

That fits way better than it has any right to. Great stuff.

New trailer dropped this week. Dialogue with Lando, Chewie, and a LOT more stuff.

I think this is going to be a lot of fun:

RyderLinc
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

There are a lot of naysayers out there but I'm excited AF. Opening night!

MAGIC

I fully expect it to have problems (inconsistencies, retcons, etc), but come on. Anyone who doesn't think this is going to be a fun ride at minimum isn't worth talking to.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian

"I got a really good feeling about this"

AHAHAHA I LOVE IT!

-Digi

@BobbyDigi said:

AHAHAHA I LOVE IT!

-Digi

That was really great. Said without a shred of irony.

I wonder if this is going to finish dark, ala Empire. He's not nearly as cynical as the New Hope Solo.

If Ehrenreich (sp?) looked more like Harrison Ford of 1977, I would love to see this end with him walking into the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Ryder
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian

@AlexDeGruven said:

@BobbyDigi said:

AHAHAHA I LOVE IT!

-Digi

That was really great. Said without a shred of irony.

I wonder if this is going to finish dark, ala Empire. He's not nearly as cynical as the New Hope Solo.

If Ehrenreich (sp?) looked more like Harrison Ford of 1977, I would love to see this end with him walking into the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Hope Solo? Oh, I thought this was a Star Wars flick. Soccer meh.

Not that one, the New one.

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Baltimore, MD Icrontian

Childish Gambino playing Lando just oozes cool.

If you don't want a potential spoiler for a couple scenes avoid the toy marketing. I saw some today for a scene that would have likely been more fun had I'd of not known it going in.

Yesss. Donald Glover is exceptionally talented and I know he will do a good job of living up to the cool of the chillest Star Wars character.

Cliff_Forster