If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Android P beta look at The Verge

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian

I'm pretty hyped about P (Peppermint?). Seems like a pretty substantive upgrade, whereas I didn't feel like Nougat to Oreo was that big (though big improvement in battery life).

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian

I'm running it on my OG PixelXL and it's pretty fantastic so far (beta quirks notwithstanding).

Overall smoothness is good. The new task-switching model is fantastic, especially with the new home button enabled.

Switching between multiple users is smoother for me (though I know a lot of people probably don't use it on phones).

Visual updates are nice and feel modern without going over the top.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

Are you finding daily use of the phone has been hindered at all due to apps not working properly?

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian

I haven't run into any apps that don't work.

Apparently our work apps (MobileIron & MS Apps) are having trouble, but I don't NEED them on a day-to-day basis.