If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Listen, Vote, Discuss

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !SoCal Icrontian
edited 17 May in The Pub

Listen, Vote, Discuss 24 votes

Yanny
29%
ThraxUPSLynxTushonCliff_ForstermaliaSodaDontCallMeKelso 7 votes
Laurel
70%
KwitkoprimesuspectBlackHawkQCHdrasnorCrazyJoeMiracleManSRyderBobbyDigiGnomeQueenCantiChoochVelvetDeviltrooster89IlriyasbrightBlueTattoo 17 votes

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    Laurel

DigiKid played this on her phone and all I heard was Yanny. She thought I was crazy. Then I came across it on Reddit and listened to it on my headphones and now all I hear is Laural. I am crazy!

-Digi

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    Yanny

Yanny dominates for me. But, on great headphones, I can hear "Laurel" quietly below that, like there's two separate sound samples being played simultaneously, and Laurel is the quieter one.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Laurel

I heard Laurel while Tara heard Yanny

• drasnordrasnor Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    Laurel

Sennheiser Game1's with Plantronics C-Media USB DAC

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

First heard Yanny, then Yourl a bunch of times, then Laurel. After that I found the part of the video where the two sounds merged and now I just kind of hear both when I listen.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Laurel

Laurel on headphones, Yanny on phone

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian
    Yanny

I hear Yanny or a Yaley or something on headphones and w/o headphones, I'm not sure what I truly hear anymore after the article and stuff about wavelengths and slowing it down etc

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Like looking for the faces or the vase, I can choose which to hear, at will, but I heard Laurel first.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian

Nothing.

Without context it's digital noise.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Yanny

I heard Laurel 2-3 times, and Yanny 20 or so times. I heard Launny the very first time.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Laurel

It mostly depends on your listening device. On my shitty work logitech headset, I heard Yanny the very first time. On shinola headphones, I clearly hear laurel with no hint of "yanny" at all. At home, laurel. On my phone speaker, yanny/laurel hybrid.

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    edited 17 May
    Yanny

I’ve tried on my running headphones, my phone, my work computer and now two lab computers (as a scientific exercise, of course) and it’s yanny all day erry day. Not even a hint of laurel for me.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    Laurel

I listened to it on my phone yesterday and heard Laural (as I had been every time after the first time I heard it on DigiKid's phone) and then I listened again on my phone this morning and heard Yanny again.

The funnest thing about this is when you are in a situation where 2 or more people are listening from the same device and hearing differently. Good fun.

-Digi

• UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Yanny

Heard Yanny at first then Laurel when I thought about it on my Astro A40s. I can kind of switch back and forth to whichever one I want to hear when I think about it. Kinda fun.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Laurel

Pack it in, we're done here.

GnomeQueenbrightSoda
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian
    Yanny

trooster89AlexDeGruvenUPSLynxMassalinie
  • TweakDragonTweakDragon Sitting In The Sweater That Hug Me Pottstown, PA Member

Neither it sounds like yammie

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

I saw Yannel

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville with a "P" Icrontian

FRED, and I'm sticking with it!