Painkiller Demo

croc_croc_ New
edited April 2004 in Gaming
http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/feature/5632

Its pretty fun :) Gotta love launching large wooden posts at zombie-like monsters. Has its own game engine, seems to be pretty smooth. I like it! The screenshots made it look pretty plain, but its actually pretty fun.

Comments

• fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited February 2004
    I'll second that.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited February 2004
    10 MB downloaded... Estimated time left 10 min 30 sec...
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited February 2004
    DogSoldier wrote:
    10 MB downloaded... Estimated time left 10 min 30 sec...

jerk :P

Actually it only took me 15-20 mins @ 225 KB. I still want faster cable though. Its never fast enough.

The only complaint with this game is the jumping, I hate it.
  • beatzbeatz i am a hamburger Member
    edited February 2004
    I like the jumping. It has the quake strafe-jump feeling. Thats one thing I miss when I am playing any part of UT.
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited February 2004
    beatz wrote:
    I like the jumping. It has the quake strafe-jump feeling. Thats one thing I miss when I am playing any part of UT.

I mean't more like how its hard to jump onto things and move accurately while in the air.
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited February 2004
    If you guys want to do something really fun in the demo, on the last level against the boss:
    When hes about to hit his hammer down to make you fly high in the air, get on a piece of the destroyed pillars. If you get on a good one and you are close enough, the map disappears you go so high. Make sure to do it on easy though.
    edited February 2004
    I did the last level first and did that sky high jump, for a second, I thought I beat the level.. hehe... The demo has a heavy creep factor, reminds me of serious sam. But yeah, it is pretty smooth, very well,.. uh...fleshed out. I'm definately getting it.
  • WorriedWorried STOCKPORT UK
    edited February 2004
    downloading it now
    says it will be finished in a couple of hours.
    will have a go later.
  • WorriedWorried STOCKPORT UK
    edited February 2004
    well then
    just had a play on the painkiller demo.
    it does grow on you ,not bad
    more into call of duty really. i will see if it is out yet over here........
    and have another go at it.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    this is a pretty good game, I enjoyed it, creeped me out definitly! :)
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited February 2004
    The links down, but I found it at-
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_5125.shtml
    Going to be a 30 min download. Gotta love BB.
    edited April 2004
    Picked up the full version yesterday.. creepy as I remember, there's been a couple of "HOLY $HIT!" moments where I've had to pause and gather my wits.. hahahaha Getting through monsters is pretty simple, 'cept for the bosses.. The levels are rendered gorgeously.. the weapons are rather crude looking, but very effective.. and they fit in with the theme.. you are sent to kill Lucifers Generals. The bigest challenge is finding all the secrets, in order to collect a Tarot card you need to complete various challenges, finding all the secrets is one. Theres like 4 secrets each level and finding them isn't easy.. trust me. I've had to resort to a cheat site in order to complete some levels. HEAVEN HAS A HITMAN!
  • ishiiiishiii Cold lake, AB, CA
    edited April 2004
    It is a good game.
    Finished preety quick and multiplayer sucks, IMO
    I dont see allot of replay in this game
    looks real nice
    I remeber spending a few minutes making a hanging body swing back and forth hehehe
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    I picked up the full version today. Wow. It is the best looking game i've ever seen on my older Radeon 9000. The engine is very nice.

I can't wait to play it on my 9800 Pro tomorrow.

The music during the enemy waves is a nice effect. I was hoping for more "holy crap-jump-out-of-my-chair" moments, a la original DOOM, but I'm still on Chapter 1, so we shall see :)

DogSoldier - make sure you bring it so we can check on the multiplayer at the LAN :)