Rumour of the new Bond movie

TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Internet & Media
-Just a quickie to say that it is possible that locations in South Africa may currently be scouted for the next Bond movie designated for the time being as just Bond 21.

http://www.commanderbond.net/Public/Stories/2071-1.shtml

Comments

• KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited July 2003
    Not another bons movie. I can't stand Bond anymore. The last one was a joke. The next one will be worse. I say, everyone on these forums boycott bond!
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    KilJaeden said
    Not another bons movie. I can't stand Bond anymore. The last one was a joke. The next one will be worse. I say, everyone on these forums boycott bond!

I agree that the last one was a terrible movie, but there is still a lot of hardcore Bond fans out there, myself included.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    last one horrible?? It was awesome... every key element of a Bond film was there and done to perfection. Can you make a more impressive "main enemy boss lair" than a mansion of ice? A super weapon satellite that's actually somewhat plausible? A villain that you can really despise? Not to mention a hovercraft chase scene... both new to the Bond series and incredible to watch.

Pierce Brosnan makes an awesome Bond, and I think the original beginning sequence in this one was done with skill. I was on the edge of my seat the entire film and could barely contain my excitement while watching it in the theater. I look forward to the next one just as much.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited July 2003
    ditto to that Keebs
  • KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited July 2003
    I couldn't stop laughing at the hovercraft chase. I thought it was the most acinine chase scene ever devised. I laughed at most of the movie. IMO it is one of the worst movies ever made.
    edited July 2003
    avatar.php?userid=264&dateline=1055380364

:p Sorry, that was irresistable.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2003
    okay well so far i've been a big support of pierce as bond. i thought goldeneye was fantastic, i really liked tomorrow never dies, and the world is not enough would have been really good if they had NOT had denise richards. for the most recent bond, hally berry was a bad choice, the ice house seemed really cheasy, and his car was just freaking rediculous. i like the vanquish, but why in the world would you make it invisible and then have a gayass car fight? NO
  • KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited July 2003
    You can use it all you want, I don't care. Other than the obsured hovercraft chase scene. The ending was just as humurous. Ya, you can have sex on a pile of diamonds and not even get scratched. She would be cut up tremendously.
    edited July 2003
    Bond... ridiculous?? Implausible? Dare I say... even impossible??? Say it ain't so... :p

I just love movies. I go to them to be entertained, and allow myself to be entertained. There's no use in picking apart a Bond movie for how believable the scenes are... Being implausible (and yes, even slightly cheesy) is the hallmark of Bond movies.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    the one with denise richards was really stupid, to me it's the worst bond yet, this last one was ok, not really great, but entertaining anyhow. I love goldeneye and i forget the name, but the first two that brosnan made, those were awesome.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited July 2003
    Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies...

I didn't think the last bond film was that great either, the ice palace was kinda silly as was the sunray satellite thing...other than that it was pretty entertaining. Personally I would have kicked Halle Berry to the curb and run away with the other chick, but thats just me.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited July 2003
    What, All the Bond movies have been good
  • astroworpastroworp Northridge, CA
    edited July 2003
    eh, it had the vanquish and that hot blond chick, and that made me happy :)
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    i intend to die without seeing one bond film
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    WuGgaRoO said
    i intend to die without seeing one bond film

you sir, will then die unhappy, and unfulfilled :)
  • maxanonmaxanon Montreal
    edited July 2003
    Wug, how can you not like something you've never seen? I find that odd.

Bond films are pure escapism and that's what I love about them. They depict a fantasy life (making love in a temple on a mountain; women named Pussy Galore; remote controlled BMWs (that you can smash the crap put of and nobody says anything); etc).

The sequences are supposed to be asinine and absurd, its a Bond film. If you want perceived reality, watch a documentary.

Bond films rule (IMHO). Sure there has been some stinkersm, but the batting percentage is damned good.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    A little off topic, but Nadia in American Pie is supposed to be the bond-babe in the new game later this fall. She is HOT!
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Nadia.... i want some pie....
This discussion has been closed.