Mystery Board

DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
edited November 2005 in Hardware
Hey guys, my Step father has a matx board of unknown origin..post a pic here, see if anyone can identify it. Appreciate it if anyone can help.

Comments

• edited April 2004
    What is the writing on the chipset heatsink?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    When it posts, is there a string of characters at the bottom of the initial post screen? Where the BIOS date is?

Post it here.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    DogSoldier wrote:
    Hey guys, my Step father has a matx board of unknown origin..post a pic here, see if anyone can identify it. Appreciate it if anyone can help.

Well, what are the numbers on the purple socket stickers??? THAT pair ID's the board for us-- oen is model number, other is probably serial number. I will almost bet it is a Via chipset, pro Savage integrated graphics or Intel integrated graphics board, but have looked at Soyo, MSI, Shuttle, and Gigabyte's sites and nothing exactly like that. Any wild chance it is from an Agilent PC???
  • edited April 2004
    A high-rez pic of the board would be very helpful.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited April 2004
    You'll need to give us the info that prime mentioned. You can find out how to get it here:
    http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/tech-planations/13_1.html

or you can use this program (runs in Windows):
    http://www.motherboards.org/files/programs/bwz-rel.exe
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited April 2004
    Thanks for the replys.. The board won't boot up using the PSUs we have here.. the copper northbridge says pc133 GfXcell. The Bios chip says Winbond -w49f002u-12b
    second line -038gh2030687y25a
    686 AMIBIOS AU94 8568

On the purple serial port (For Ageek) it says EA=00D009E01BE5
    Barcode 538UF13205003
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2004
    My search kept coming up with stuff related to the SiS 950 board or chipset.
    edited April 2004
    Hmm. Any way you can post a much higher resolution image? 2048x1536 would be great...
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Try a DFI-mfr'd OEM board-- about 80% sure, they dye their boards that color for MATX and they also have some SIS chipset boards without pics numbered in the NB30 series that are almost same layout. They did not use the 950 series for name brand boards, AFAIK, but the board basic structure is DFI. I also cannot tell from your picture exactly what socket is used. BUT, it is an SIS chipset PARTLY or Totally. Some of the OEMs married an SIS graphics or other chip to a VIA chipset-- ever seen a VIA Northbridge and an SIS south bridge on a board???? PC-Chips did that kind of thing, BUT their boards were typically not yellow. They DID on occasion sell DFI-mfr'd baords, though.

I would suggest contacting DFI global support, see if they will acknowledge making that board by the EA= string and the serial number. BTW, TigerDirect sold some MATX DFI boards way back when, any old TigerDriect catalogs around, folks???? Socket 370 board (PROBABLY), Socket 423 maybe also. Anyway you can get the HS off and look at the socket number stamped on the CPU socket, DogSoldier???? While you are at it, look at what CPU exactly is on board under fan, might be wrong gen CPU for board.

But Prof is right, at least partly an SIS chipset if not totally so. POSSIBLY 960 series chipset.

One other thing, Dog Soldier, give the board a new CMOS battery if you have not done so, almost 90% sure the CMOS battery is TOTALLY dead on this board.

John D.
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited April 2004
    DogSoldier

It's a PCCHIPS motherboard

http://www.pcchipsusa.com/prod-m758lrtv51.asp
    edited April 2004
    Eww. Burn it.
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited April 2004
    Yeah media's definitely right. I noticed the board right away. These things are all over ebay constantly being hawked as boards they're not.
  • bannock500bannock500 wiarton willy country (ontario) New
    edited April 2004
    Well I would like to thank everyone who help me solve the question about that mystery board that Dogsoldier had posted for me. I am now registered with
    short-media and look forward to getting some valuable information from everyone. Once again thank you very much.

Miigwetch (thank you)

bannock500
  • edited October 2005
    i need the specs for the identical m'board so i can finish w/the wiring. do you know anymore info so i can get them?
    edited October 2005
    penelope13 wrote:
    i need the specs for the identical m'board so i can finish w/the wiring. do you know anymore info so i can get them?
    Try this page. The one linked to in Post #11 was the Model M758lrt, but that appears to be a product designed for Spanish language countries, since the only info I could find on it was in Espanol. ;)

You might try looking at similar boards and see if you can spot yours. :)
  • edited October 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Try this page. The one linked to in Post #11 was the Model M758lrt, but that appears to be a product designed for Spanish language countries, since the only info I could find on it was in Espanol. ;)

You might try looking at similar boards and see if you can spot yours. :)
    thanks for your reply. i left the shop until monday and going to chill this weekend but i'll get right back on it monday am. :thumbsup:
  • edited October 2005
    i am still having a hard time locating specs for m758lrt (m758lmr) can anyone direct me in the right direction ;D
    edited November 2005
    See if this page helps. (Click on the Discontinued Products box on the left).

Another thing you might try is looking at all the various chips on the board, which hopefully will help you narrow it down. For most onboard devices you should be able to find a driver specifically for the individual component.
  • edited November 2005
    now i need the nic and audio drivers. anyone know where to get them? i am almost done ;D
    edited November 2005
    Look at the smaller chips on the MB and see what brands they are. Common built-in NIC and Audio companies include Realtek and C-Media. Include the numbers after the brand name (or just the numbers, if that's all that's stamped on the chip) and that should just about do it.

Here's an example: