Outlook mail store folder location (Windows 98)?

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited April 2004 in Science & Tech
Can anyone tell me where Outlook's (not Express) default mail store folder location is under Windows 98? Also, they're .dbx files correct?

Any info would be great thanks.

Cheers

Comments

• edited April 2004
    I know outlook express "folders", which are really files, are *.dbx. I don't know about the regular outlook. Did you do a search of your hard drive for *.dbx files?

KingFish
  • edited April 2004
    Also, which vers of outlook are you using?

KingFish
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Outlook uses .PST. In Windows9x, it should be in c:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. That's by memory, so I'm not 100% positive. Just do a find files for outlook.pst.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited April 2004
    It's not for me or on one of my computers. It's for a customers. I'll pass on the information you gave me Mr. K' and send him on his way.

Thanks guys. :thumbup
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Spinner wrote:
    Can anyone tell me where Outlook's (not Express) default mail store folder location is under Windows 98? Also, they're .dbx files correct?

Any info would be great thanks.

Cheers

Spinner, most Outlooks can EXPORT .dbx if the idea is to move to Outlook Express, but for recovery proceed as said before-- almost every Outlook I have used uses .pst type and keeps that type all for itself, so a file and folder search for *.PST with hidden and system files shown will find his email for him (Outlook probably will need to OPEN it, though, unless you have Eudora around some place).

John D.