Planetside Hack

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Gaming
Well there is no doubt of a hack, more thanlikely very recently cuase I have just found out about it a few minutes ago as I eyewitnessed it.

A guy by the name of "zealott" playing as Vanu on the Markov server could not be killed. We had maxes, cloakers, and other infantry all attacking him. He just kept killing all of us, he was not Link Dead becuase he could very well aim and shoot and even talk and go through loot a corpse. I have screen shots and I will be putting them up here, my Clan website and of course to the Planetside forums and dev team. Wherever I can shoot them out too.

No one could kill that sob!

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    This is when I first began noticing that a VS soldier was not being killed instantly by 6 people shooting at him...
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    people have moved around, he killed one of the MAX cyclers...
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    He kills me a second time...
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I decide to put on heavier armor and bigger weapons, including rocket rifle and mini gun.

BTW this is the 3rd time I spawned...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I really wish I had money to afford a subscription to that and EQ at once.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    i dont feel charging for online gaming is right...they get enuf money from the damn cds....i mean cmon....
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited July 2003
    WuGgaRoO said
    i dont feel charging for online gaming is right...they get enuf money from the damn cds....i mean cmon....

Most of it goes towards server maintenance and salaries to pay people who stay on the team to continue to develop for the game (I doubt DAOC would still be thriving without the subscription cost).

Simply put, the subscription fee is like the meat of the sandwich. You can eat the bread, but it's not going to be very satisfying.

I guess we all need to take a SM field trip to Sony and see what goes into an MMO :)
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    First, this thread is not about the "fee's" it is about a new hack.

Second, there is no possibility of having a MMRPG of this size without having fee's. IM-POSSIBLE. Simply put, you need to pay for the huge bandwitdh required, a T1 line alone costs 1K, think about something that allows SEVERAL thousand people play at once? Now let's talk about the DEV team, would you work Full time for free? Working on patches to fix Hacks and Exploits peopl have come up with. You may say they aren't supposed to exist in a game when you buy it, if you ever read a book on programming, the first thing you learn is that NO program no matter how small and simple have bug's. It is impossible becuase of all the different systems that it must support to run.

The Fee we pay goes to:
    Servers
    Dedicated Connections
    DEV Teams
    Future Games
  • maxanonmaxanon Montreal
    edited July 2003
    I hope they get rid of this guy. Its the main reason why I don't play MP games with people I don't know. There's always an idiot that can't play without the cheats. It ruins the whole experience.

I agree that a great MP experience deserves monthly payment.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Well this guy was just WANTING to piss people off, he more than likely was an illegal player. Didn't buy the game, hacked the key, used another hack to see how long he could play without being kicked out.

Just to piss people off, plain and simple. I played with hackers before who just sucked att he game, they were still idiots for cheating, but they stayed silent about it, not going around being GOD.
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    I think i've run into a few cheaters.

Now I realise they made the jackhammer less powerful - goodmove since you can't slaughter a roomful of enemies yourself. But as for one guy with a medium assault machine gun and agile armor slaughtering 4 people with jackhammers, and he was in the middle, this is just stupid.

The jackhammer is still the best close range weapon in the game and one shot of each person should of killed him, but he must of taken well over 15 hits and I still watched him run away.

This happens every now and then. I once saw a max and fired seven pheonix missiles at it, and according to my advanced targeting implant, I didn't hit it once. This is odd since three missiles kills ANY max, but seven?!

Anyway, never played with a cheater, and never intend to. The game is about skill and styles learned, not infinite health.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    No.. they have yet to nurf to the JackHammer, what they did was raise the power of the MinuGun(TR, THANK GOD THEY DIDN'T NURF US AGAIN!) and the lasher.

God, if there was only one thing that would keep me away from this game, is all the Nurfing they are doing to us TR guys, powerful my ass! We just work together very well, but all this nurfing is throwing us into chaos!
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    Well something has happened then. I could kill a TR in reinforced with 2 shots, full health according to AT. Now when a squad member asked me to kill him for some odd reason, it took me 5 shots, and he had agile. And he wasnt moving.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Well they implemented a STUPID STUPID new thing in the game,w here the underdog in the game(the faction with least members) have more HP.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Pardon my thread crap, but if any of the multitude of guests dropping in on this thread would care to comment, just hop over here so you can post and share your thoughts or experiences about this. 60 seconds, I swear. :)