Calling all Original Battlestar Galactica Fans

BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Internet & Media
Special thanks to DanBall for his posting . After reading about the BSG remake, I started doing some looking around the net. Richard Hatch (web site) has been working on a continuation of the original series. To all of you that don't know about the original series, you really missed out. What the SCI-FI channel is producing is a re-image of the show... not a continuation. The show doesn't need to be re-imaged. Richard Hatch has the better idea and I hope that all my fellow surfers here at Short-media who really enjoyed this series, will show their support. You can find more information at the Battlestar Galactica Web Site. Please visit and fill out each of the petitions found here. Let SCI-FI and Universal know what we the viewers really want!

Comments

• danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited July 2003
    I am not going to sign a petition. I myself would like to see what the new series has in store, and judge as to whether or not it is better than the old.

Although, I don't remember much of the series anymore - I last remember seeing it at least 15-20 yrs ago, the second season had an odd plot twist of Earth being in the 1980's (from the season info on Sci-Fi's website).

You could have posted this as a reply in my thread though
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    From what I can tell, the only thing being done in the re-image is making the show more appealing to the younger generation. In other words, commercialization. (more sex, more violence, and younger teen heart-throb characters) BSG had the highest ratings during it's time and was only canceled because it was never meant to be a long time running series. The new series is even going to change the look of the Battlestar Galactica (the ship itself.) Commercialization = sell out.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited July 2003
    Oh, ok. It still would be interesting to see though.
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I had totally forgotten Richard Hatch was writing books. I bought and read Armagedon (sp?) when it came out years ago. Now there are 4 more books! He's a very good author. I'd recommend his books to anyone that enjoys reading and BSG. :) As soon as I get done reading Lord of the Rings, I'm going to start reading the BSG books again.