If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

The weird dream thread

Comments

• LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited May 2004
    pseudonym wrote:
    I never dream of babes either, very rarely, and even then, they are usually dead, or dying, and I STILL don't get any. Whats it take to get some imaginary ass around here?

well, it's like this.....

no, better not. :p ;)

LIN
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited May 2004
    pseudonym wrote:
    I generally have bloody, bloody dreams. Generally I never wake up still alive, usually dead. Its been getting better lately though. I never dream of babes either, very rarely, and even then, they are usually dead, or dying, and I STILL don't get any. Whats it take to get some imaginary ass around here?

Your hand is your friend

:)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2004
    I think I have been having this continous dream lately of several nights. This hot chick just asked me "If I were to ask you out would you go out with me." And I gave a teasingly "Maybe." I am pretty sure she was in a dream of mine beforee. Right after she asked that I woke up so thats about all thats I remembered. She seemed a bit older like in her mid 20s.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited May 2004
    pseudonym wrote:
    Whats it take to get some imaginary ass around here?

This is usually all the ass I get
    :rant:
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited May 2004
    Clutch wrote:
    This is usually all the ass I get
    :rant:

oh go on, Clutch, i don't believe that for a minute. i've seen your briefs! :)

LIN
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited May 2004
    Yeah i have some weird ones to. One of the most resent was about me and i think some other people chasing some guy trying to kill him. :eek: Well in my dreams he was evil and the closest way to describe him would be that he was like jason vorhees?? I can't believe why i would have a dream about chasing anyone like him.

Sure i've seen jason x which is one of 2 movies in that serie (don't remember the other title) but he was very much like him. Difficult to kill and i don't know what. But it had been i week since i saw that movie when i had the dream. I never got him though.

I wonder if this was caused by postal 2 that i played that same day. Yet noone that has played the game can see any similaritys between the postal dude and jason so i don't know where it came from.

One thing that i've learned though is never try to understand your dreams. It usually fails.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    OMG!

As if by premonition, I had that dream a couple of days ago, and now today, I OPEN UP iTUNES and WHAT THE F* DO I SEE?

AHHHAHAHGAGGAGHHHHH!

/me dies
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Punta Gorda, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I dream in cinematic full color with dolby 5.1 surround. My dreams are like watching movies on a bright, big screen. It's weird. They are almost too colorful and loud.

Oh, and I can smell in my dreams.

* John gets out thirty foot extensible fiberglass electrical accident rescue pole to fend off Prime, asks, do the smells remain when you wake up??? :nudge: :D

John's habit after that kind of dream is an immediate cold shower, then a good hot one....
    edited May 2004
    LIN wrote:

LIN

I'm afraid you are the only lady that has :(
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited May 2004
    LIN wrote:
    Clutch wrote:
    I'm afraid you are the only lady that has :(

all things in their own time. ;)

LIN
    edited May 2004
    You are correct LIN. Maybe since summer is almost here at the Beach I can try to pick me up some women, hehe
    edited May 2004
    Oh My God

Today I Went To Pick Up The Keys For My New House.

Today, The Real Estate Agent Said Thank You To Me.

Today, He Handed Me Four Tickets To A Concert To Say Thanks.

I Am Going Slowly But Assuredly Insane.

Here Are The Tickets:
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited May 2004
    Oh My God

Here Are The Tickets:

;D ;D :eek2: :) :rarr: :mean: :Rocker: :celebrate

You can tell i like smilies right? :D
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Oh My God

Here Are The Tickets:

lol, please tell me you are joking????
    edited May 2004
    No, that's the insane part. I AM NOT JOKING.

I'll give you the tickets tomorrow if you want them. You're still coming to the partay, right?
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Yup, whats our timinig though? I see weekend party, but I'm rather busy, when would be the best time to come over and teach some of these sissys what drinking is? (Thats in reference to the lovely 2 beers get you drunk poll;))
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Yeah. You said "Weekend bash! More details later in the week!" and.. No details. :D
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited May 2004
    I had a weird dream a month ago. Okay.
    It started out with me laying in bed. I got up and I grabbed a sword from under my bed. then walked out of the door and was suddenly on a mighty steed climbing a mountain. I was than facing a wall of the mountain that was flatter than the rest. I began to throw bombs at it and suddenly I was standing inside. I looked about. Water rushed past my feet, a large pipe on each side with stone walls. Beyond this tunnel was a city.
    I was then suddenly standing at the edge watching a man cart-wheel past me. A boy walked up to me and there was something about him that made me think he was not human. I than was greeted by this person. He said "welcome to (I can't remember what the name of this place was)." We were than sitting in a 50's type cafe and were chatting. I then asked him why he and the other people there were giving off a different vibe than other people. At that moment I noticed that all of their ears were slanted and pointed.
    It hit me, they were all elves and I woke up.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Punta Gorda, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Jingo wrote:
    It started out with me laying in bed. I got up and I grabbed a sword from under my bed. then walked out of the door and was suddenly on a mighty steed climbing a mountain. I was than facing a wall of the mountain that was flatter than the rest. I began to throw bombs at it and suddenly I was standing inside. I looked about. Water rushed past my feet, a large pipe on each side with stone walls. Beyond this tunnel was a city.
    I was then suddenly standing at the edge watching a man cart-wheel past me. A boy walked up to me and there was something about him that made me think he was not human. I than was greeted by this person. He said "welcome to (I can't remember what the name of this place was)." We were than sitting in a 50's type cafe and were chatting.

Replying to sig-- because black is thinking further ahead, and knows enough moves to use Occams's razor to choose what is best now and into future.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida
    edited Jun 2004
    Jingo wrote:
    I was then suddenly standing at the edge watching a man cart-wheel past me. A boy walked up to me and there was something about him that made me think he was not human. I than was greeted by this person. He said "welcome to (I can't remember what the name of this place was)." We were than sitting in a 50's type cafe and were chatting. I then asked him why he and the other people there were giving off a different vibe than other people. At that moment I noticed that all of their ears were slanted and pointed.
    It hit me, they were all elves and I woke up.
    Damn, dude. You're on a horse throwing bombs at mountains containing elf cities. Are you Link??? ;D

I had a dream I was abducted by aliens wanting to see how we humans reproduced, so they put me and this really good looking chick together in a room and forced us to do fun things together! :cool: :p ;D

....Then I woke up. :banghead:
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited Jul 2004
    Ok, so this thread came up in a s-m byte, so I'm going to revive it.
    Oh, and I can smell in my dreams.

Are you sure that you don't just have chronic flatulence issues, and that's what you're smelling?

;D ;D
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited Jul 2004
    Geeky1 wrote:
    Ok, so this thread came up in a s-m byte, so I'm going to revive it.

Are you sure that you don't just have chronic flatulence issues, and that's what you're smelling?

;D ;D

uh oh. :hiding:

LIN ;)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited Jul 2004
    LIN wrote:
    uh oh. :hiding:

LIN ;)

LIN I know you dream about me at night and not Mr LIN!;D;D
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Jul 2004
    I think she dreams about Clutch at night. :rarr:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited Jul 2004
    I woke up the other night laughing my head off. I just had a picture in my head that I thought was staggeringly funny. You know those mechanical Hares they use at greyhoung racing? well it was a cartoony picture of one of those speeding past me and on its back was a pair of Eagles legs. The picture told a story, An Eagle must have spotted the Hare and made a grab for it just as the Hare set off and it pulled its legs off. I wish I could draw it, I was laughing for ages after it woke me up.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited Jul 2004
    It is strange this thread was revived, I started making my own thread, then stopped cuase I could't seem to type it out correctly. Then I saw this thread, and felt it was fate maybe to explain this dream? Dunno, but I'll try to explain my dream that I just woke up from not even 5 minutes ago, from the time I started this post.

It's about a dieing wish, no one spoke from what I can remember, they just knew what it was, a song starte dplaying, then slowly all I could see was a bird doing a kind of dance, it was pretty beautiful actually. The song in the background playing was, "A simple kind of man", maybe you know it, a good song, it all faded out to me waking up hearing this song on the radio, I even had tears in my eyes already. I no longer can remember what the rest of my dream was before, what cuased this to happen.

That was pretty crazy.
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains
    edited Jul 2004
    i had 1 last night
    we were all asleep and we woke up to a rhino trying to ram its way into our shed, then it came over and ate our tomato plants and then i shot it with a shotgun... that was the end...
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited Jul 2004
    RWB wrote:
    It's about a dieing wish, no one spoke from what I can remember, they just knew what it was, a song starte dplaying, then slowly all I could see was a bird doing a kind of dance, it was pretty beautiful actually. The song in the background playing was, "A simple kind of man", maybe you know it, a good song, it all faded out to me waking up hearing this song on the radio, I even had tears in my eyes already. I no longer can remember what the rest of my dream was before, what cuased this to happen.

That was pretty crazy.
    sounds pretty intense.

mmonnin wrote:
    LIN I know you dream about me at night and not Mr LIN!;D;D
    Lol ;)

i've heard tell that everyone dreams, but i'll be danged if i can remember but a few throughout my entire life. and they're usually frightening ones.

LIN
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited Jul 2004
    As I understand it everybody dreams every night, it's a natural thing, but we only remember dreams when our sleep has been disturbed.
    edited Oct 2008
    I'm bumping this old thread to tell you about the dream Perry had the other night and told me about.

"So dad....

I was crawling in a desert at night and I was dying of thirst. I was totally parched. Suddenly I saw a pool of fresh hot blood and I knew I had to drink it to survive. So I crawled to the pool of blood and went to drink but my mouth was sewn shut! Then a pair of white hands reached out of the pool and grabbed my head and pulled me under! Then I woke up..."

Am I a bad father? o.O :D