If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

The weird dream thread

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    I rarely remember my dreams but because I had a little of it still there this morning I said it out loud to Sugar I can remember some of last nights adventure:

I was outside a mall, standing on the curb (possibly waiting for a bus) and this girl (her name was Tanya, I have not seen her in at least 12-13 years) pulled up to go out of the driveway next to where I was standing in a classic looking car with a guy in the passenger seat. As they pulled out the gutter water pushed them back into the curb and smashed the car practical joke style with back bumper to the back of the front seats being smashed flat so it just looked like a half a car. She asked me to send a specific text to her mom, unfortunately I can not remember the text.

Somehow I ended up in the building across the street and I wandered back through a two way swinging door to find Tanya crouched down next to a computer or chemistry desk doing something. She looked up at me like she had been caught doing something she should not have been. Then my Alarm woke me up.

-Digi
  • TeramonaTeramona Baroness von Puttenham In a cute little love nest with Mymidan. Icrontian
    I had a dream that I was talking to an octopus and his pet hot dog. Except, well, I have this weird tendency to be awake when I'm asleep (id est, I sleep walk and talk in my sleep a lot. I once woke up in a dark corner of @primesuspect's basement, not knowing where I was) so as far as I was concerned, this was really happening. The two were really upset because there was no ice-cream, and I felt bad because I don't eat ice-cream, and I don't know where the hell they could find any at 5 in the morning.

It ended up that I was just watching an episode of Oswald on Nick Jr., and that I was only half awake/half asleep. Freaked me out.
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    edited Jul 2012
    I had dream I was king, woke up still king....
    _k
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Teramona said:

...and I felt bad because I don't eat ice-cream...

Is there a personal, medical, or religous reason? Ice cream is delicious!
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    She's vegetarian (vegan?), but that doesn't excuse banana ice cream (i.e. frozen banana chunks that are thrown into a blender until smooth)
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    I had a dream that someone I was dating (note that I have no idea who this dream girlfriend was) had no thumbs, so I went on a wild adventure across America to replace everything in her life with a version that would be more convenient for a thumbless individual.
  • TeramonaTeramona Baroness von Puttenham In a cute little love nest with Mymidan. Icrontian
    Signal said:

Teramona said:

...and I felt bad because I don't eat ice-cream...

Is there a personal, medical, or religous reason? Ice cream is delicious!
    I am a vegetarian, but the ice-cream thing is more because I don't want to gain weight. If I could, I'd eat nothing but ice-cream and cookies all day long. @Tushon, that banana ice-cream sounds really good, though.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    Teramona said:

@Tushon, that banana ice-cream sounds really good, though.

Heck, I'm an unhealthy meatosaurus and I'm gunna try that.

-Digi
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Step by step instructions for those who need details
  • drasnordrasnor Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    I had a dream for the dream thread last night. I was in a US embassy in a hostile Asian country; maybe China or North Korea. We were under siege, and we had just been ordered to give up all of our classified files in exchange for letting us leave alive. The thing is, we didn't have any for some reason; all we had were signed movie posters or something similar. So each of us (maybe 5 people?) lines up to get a movie poster from the ambassador. She tries to hand me something and I see this poster with Summer Glau and My Little Pony. I don't remember what she tried to hand me but I said the hell with that, if I'm going to die for something today it's going to be Summar Glau and ponies.

So then all of us march out to the front gate and there's some Asian soldiers in uniform doing the Hollywood got you by the balls sneer and keeping this horde of onlookers away. We each walk up to the fence (a black welded iron bar affair) and doorslide our poster under the fence; the other people just slide it under and leave it against the fence like they're embarrassed to turn in late homework. I do my very best power doorslide like I want that poster under my professor's desk. It slides under the guards and into the hands of some kids, who immediately begin fighting over it once they see what it is.

Seeing this, I yell "Y'all like ponies?" and they nod enthusiastically and sing the first couple bars of the opening song. The other embassy people are staring at me in horror but I figure we're screwed and have nothing to lose here. I yell "Well c'mon, we've got ponies." At this point the whole crowd bum rushes the fence and tramples the guard. The force of their collision knocks it down and they surge into the embassy. Then we watch ponies on a giant projector screen on the lawn with some sort of kanji subtitles until my UPS alarm goes off and I wake up.
    RahnalH102
    @drasnor, I'd be very interested in seeing the results if you ever took the Warshak test.

"Why are you showing me a bunch of pony paintings?"
    I have seen maybe half a dozen episodes of MLP, and none on the day prior to this occurring. It's inexplicable.
    That's even better.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited Sep 2012
    That's awesome! Wish I had dreams like that.

...My last pony dream (Or at the least the last one I remember I wish I knew a way to get better at that.) involved me drinking alongside Lynx, Cola, Midga, Basil, Digi, Bandrik, Canti, and Pirateninja and the entire Mane 6 (Plus Trixie, she was a mess).

It happened last Thursday night/Friday morning right after the Pony Stream really wish I remembered more of it but I forgot to write it down when it happened so.

My latest dream involved me standing atop a massive hill alongside The Punisher, Deadpool, Spiderman, Batman, and Harry Dresden and we were just beating up super villains left and right...well they were...half the time I was freaking out over how cool it was to be in the same presence as any of them.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    That seems pretty realistic
    edited Feb 2013
    I really think my brain just tried to put me in a coma...

Somehow, I'd fallen asleep in front of my computer after being FULLY awake this morning. I fell asleep, it must have been, around 11. It is now almost 2. I've been trying nearly that WHOLE time to wake up. Every once in a while I was able to get my eyes open and see my computer and my closet, and I could tell I was laying down, but mostly I was having a bunch of dreams that I was able to get up. My brain faked me out, like, 15 times. I'd throw the blankets off, walk in to the living room, and see my roommate Robby and ask him "Am I awake?"... And something kept happening where I would realize that I WAS STILL EFFING ASLEEP. The very worst part is that when I'd actually get my eyes open, I couldn't move. I sat there thinking, "Okay... this can't possibly last very much longer", and I'd try to close my computer. I'd feel like I was moving my hand, but then the computer would still be open.

I mean I was aware that I COULDN'T move. At one point, I actually started to scream in my head.

Stuff like this has happened to me before, but this is by the far the worst and the weirdest it's ever been.

Did my brain just try to decide it was time for Terin to check out? Wtf, Brain... you can't make those kinds of decisions without me.
    Also, there were a shit ton of puppies.
    Canti
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    Sounds like you have Inception!
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Semi-lucid dreaming? Some people try and try an try to do that and can't ever do it. You're almost there without even trying. Congratulations!

I get stuck in similar dream states once in awhile usually after I've been studying for too long. It's almost always triggered by calculus. My mind refuses to stop thinking about whatever it was I was working on so even though I'm asleep I keep doing problems. The frustrating part is that I can see a problem and know how to solve it but for some reason I can't do it. Similar to you trying to close the computer over and over and it still being open.

On a related note I had one of these episodes recently involving @Cannonfodder, I'm guessing because we had been playing LoL earlier. It had something to do with me insisting that the derivative of a number is always just 0 and he kept telling me I was wrong. Everytime I asked him to explain how that could be wrong he would tell me not to worry about it because I wouldn't understand and just trust him because he's an engineer. Dream Ryan you are a dick.
    RyanFoddercsimon
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Me: I had a dream about you
    Brian: Oh?
    Me:in my dream there was some crazy supernatural creature after us and for some reason it decided that you and I should be together
    so to keep it happy we had to pretend to be dating
    Brian: Did I get my peepee touched?
    me: no, we didn't want to upset nicole
    Brian: oh, so Nicole existed. I guess that means I get my peepee touched
    me: yes
    that's why it was awkward
    because we had to pretend to be together but we didn't want you to cheat on nicole
    Brian: Cool story
    csimonBobbyDigi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    @Teramona sounds a lot like you experience sleep paralysis. Can be terrifying, really frigging bizarre no matter how you look at it.
    edited Feb 2013
    @UPSLynx, Yeah, this stuff's been happening to me since I was little. Never this bad, though. I was actually starting to panic. I was afraid I'd never know if I was really awake (which is dumb, because if you ever have to wonder if you're really awake, you're probably not)...
    Wow, I read through that link... I definitely have RISP. When I was little, I used to have dreams where I was floating above my bed. I could see myself sleeping, and it used to scare me so bad that I would try to call out for help, but I couldn't talk.

Actually, little known fact about Terin, I hate dreams. They scare the crap out of me.
    Teramona said:

@drasnor, I'd be very interested in seeing the results if you ever took the Warshak test.

Why did no one call me on spelling Rorschach wrong? That was definitely a brain fart.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Teramona said:

Teramona said:

Why did no one call me on spelling Rorschach wrong? That was definitely a brain fart.
    Your spelling was so off that I had no idea what you were talking about.
    primesuspect
    I had a weird dream last night. I was at work reading about a Make contest to submit the coolest DIY electronic children's toy. I build a toy that plays different sounds and songs based on how you move it, kind of like a lot of toys out there now except each unique set of motions references a specific song. However, I used one of the inertial sensors I'm responsible for testing for flight to do the motion sensing thinking that it'd be quick, repeatable, and reliable. I didn't expect it to do very well but it ends up being a frontrunner immediately with lots of publicity and I freak out because I'm scared I'll get fired for misusing proprietary company info and hardware (which is both a criminal offense and cause for summary termination for this kind of sensor). That's about when I woke up.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    This was last week, but was very odd. I had a dream combining Mortal Kombat and Spiderman. For some reason, I was Spiderman and was fighting to keep Earth out of Shao Khan's hands. Only none of the MK people were wearing their outfits...and I wasn't as Spiderman. But I was constantly talking to Jade and Mileena (who surprisingly looked good until she transformed. So it wasn't a mask covering her). And I had to choose between them, and I chose Jade...and then Goro came and started to fight and I used the Spidey powers etc. etc. and then I woke up.

I have no idea how or why those combined in my dream, I hadn't thought about either for a very long time.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    @canti, you're dream is true, I am a dick.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Apparently Lucy Liu had sex with a ghost. Talk about a weird but hot but weird but hot....
    Creeperbane2
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited Feb 2013
    Comment removed because apparently I fail at quoting!