If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

The weird dream thread

124»

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Orange, CA Icrontian
    drasnor: the only guy I know who literally invents cooler shit in his sleep than NASA and USAF can create in real life.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    Had a dream I took off and went to Costa Rica, without telling anyone. And I went and stopped by our finance center while I was there, even though was not scheduled. It can't be good that I'm dreaming about warmer weather, a vacation and work all at once. One of those things should be removed.
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

I've got one from this morning.

So in my dream everyone here was in it, at least I think so I don't remember too much of it beyond what I'm going to describe next.

Everyone in the dream that showed up at first had superpowers, I could control ice for some reason but if I clenched my fists too hard I'd be encased in a giant ball of ice break apart and then reform covered in white hair that for whatever reason would simply brush off as if it wasn't there for awhile I think everyone was sparring then we went outside and we were all in Paris near the Eiffel Tower where Putin, Kim Jong Il and Chairman Mao were giving some huge speach. As we were moving along I announced 'I'm going to go punch out Putin' to which I remember someone, I think it was Lynx say 'Haha yeah, just like how Cannonfodder punched out Batman.' So as I was approaching the podium I saw James Bond standing off to my left hiding behind a market stall with his Walther aimed at Putin's face. Walking carefully up and past him I lowered his gun and said 'Don't worry it's time to play Punchies with Putin' then as I was walking towards Putin super-me throwing my gloves down onto the ground my dad ended up waking me up because it was noon and I was sleeping in.

I sort of dozed off for a few minutes again but when that happened I was in a French/Russian police wagon so either I punched out Putin or I got stopped I don't know.

• colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian

This morning I had one of the clearest, most interesting dreams I've had in a while.

The beginnings are fading now, but I was exploring a haunted house/dungeon. This house had real ghosts in it, and some of them were damn scary. The ghosts had different levels of ferrelness and agression depending on how long they'd been dead and how they died, with a look to match it that reminded me of "hollowing" progression in Darksouls. So I'm going through the place, room by room, using whatever tools I can find and pick up to get to the next room, or having to look to find the door hidden in a little cubby-hole in the wall. Almost every room has one of these hollow/ghosts in it, and most will attack on site, or pretend to be friendly and then jump you. Making physical contact with them, you feel nothing because they have no body, but they feel it and react to it.

I entered a room that was filled with those large colored exercise balls and there was one ghost in the room. She had short, curly blonde hair and was friendly, it seemed. I noticed her make a funny move, and I grabbed her by the throat. She panicked and flashed hollow for a split second, realizing my mistake I let her go and akwardly explained my predicament with having gone through the place all night. She seemed to understand, then got this weird distant look. I turned around because I thought that she saw something behind me. While I was turned she said, "someone's coming for you"

I turned back to her, but she was gone along with the balls. A hooded figure fell in through a hole in the ceiling, carrying a red trident. He rumbled, "Your time has come." and then he began to laugh. I picked up a spear that was on the wall and proceeded to fend him off. I ended up jumping up through the hole in the roof and fighting him under a clouded sky. I kept on asking myself, "Am I fighting death? He doesn't have a scythe though." A second hooded figure appeared down through the hole and began firing spells up at me, red blasts of energy that usually missed or ended up hitting walls and doing nothing. That guy wasn't the problem though, I couldn't land a blow on the trident guy.

It was at this time that my alarm went off, I awoke quite disappointed that I hadn't finished the battle. In my dazed awakening, I thought I may have won by skewering the figure into a power transformer on a power pole nearby, but it's unlikely that I'll ever know if that would have worked. Alarm clocks ruin the best things in life QQ

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited 31 Mar

What I woke up to this morning:

I was at a recycling shop? I had unloaded two metal pallets out of my vehicle. There were 3 more just sitting outside so I stacked mine next to those. I grabbed a couple and went inside and the worker explained he could pay me whatever. Then he went and talked to his boss and they started lightly arguing. Something to the effect I should be paying to dump them here. I remember looking on the wall and seeing two masks hanging on the wall, one over the other. The bottom one was recognizable as Dallas's mask from Payday 2. I remember thinking that I had sold these guys 3 masks in the past and I was proud that I didn't see them meaning they had sold.

All of a sudden the worker points up in the sky and say look at the smoke. I looked up and there was a plane smoking and coming down. As it got closer I recognized it as a B2 bomber. It hurled down and hit the ground behind a nearby building so I did not see the impact.

Alarm then woke me up.

-Digi

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen Giggles Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I just had an exceptionally odd dream during a nap:

I was at ICHQ, except that instead of it being the Avery House, the IC group lived with my parents in their house. I was throwing a massive party there, on the day that I simultaneously brought my baby home from the hospital and adopted a french bulldog puppy. So the dream was me mostly running around carrying an infant while trying to get ice for the party and figuring out how to get the puppy to shit outside instead of inside. And at one point, when I was trying to figure that out, I left the door hope and Rocky and Farnsworth tried to run away.

Having a baby and getting a puppy on the same day: would not recommend.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 The Lunatic Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

I dreamt the other night that I was at school, then suddenly I turn a corner and I am at my old elementary school. wondering how the hell I got there I seek a way out and go down a staircase. This staircase quickly begins to defy logic and physics. Then demons try to drag me to hell in the nonsencical stairwell and I must speak the given name of Justin Beiber to get them to depart. Then I "wake up" and turn on my computer to find it is running Windows Xp, 7, and 8 at the same time. I ask someone else in the house what is wrong and they respond with jibberish. Then I force myself to wake up, and this time I actually succeed.

• PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian

Alright, I'm gonna share my dream with you guys.
    I'm sharing this specific one because I had it recently and it was one of the most lucid dreams I have had in my life, all my senses being present and a lot of detail sticking in my head. I drew a quick top down map of the place the dream took place to explain it easier, anyway, here comes my wall of text.

I woke up on a steel table and I remember feeling the cold metal against my skin and shivering, wishing I had a blanket or something to pull over myself. When I open my eyes I realize I'm not at home and as I turn my head to the left, the first thing I see is metal box with an open top, above it on hooks and laying inside are foul smelling rotten chunks of meat, some pieces looking like they might have come from a ribcage. The second thing that strikes me is the sound of a baby crying, I can hear it coming from a door on my right and I get up and scoot off the steel table to open it (I felt like it was my duty somehow to save the child) only to find that it is locked. Right next to that door on the same wall is another door, I open it and walk inside, seeing a large bathroom with lockers on the far wall and a couple of urinals standing with their backs against eachother. I stand there and look for a moment before concluding that this isn't going to help me get to the poor baby.

I exit the room again and turn to my left, seeing a tv that flickers with static, making the sofa in front of it cast a long eerie shadow on the wall behind it. I walk past the TV and look around the corner, when I do this I can hear the sound of a blade being sharpened and I immediately shy back behind the corner. There is a narrow corridor separating me from the sound of the blade but I know I somehow have to get past whatever that is if I want to rescue the crying child. I walk around the corner against my own best judgement and to my right I see a door that I recognize as the exit of an apartment. To my right is another door and I immediately open it and walk inside, finding myself in a small closet where I wait. The floor so far had been of a wooden variety and creaked lightly with every step I took, this attracted the attention of the person in the kitchen and as soon as I was properly hidden I could hear him starting to walk into the room I woke up in. I look out through a narrow opening in the door and see him walk past, he was a heavy man and each step he took made a deep resounding thump.

As soon as he has passed me I snuck out and headed for the kitchen, it was when I was in there I realized he would notice that I wasn't where he left me. I glance around quickly, frantically searching for something to protect myself with but all I see are small knives and a scissor, nothing that seemed to useful. On a table layed a leather holster, looking like it belonged to a large machete or something, but the blade itself was nowhere to be found. I decide that perhaps the best course of action is to grab the baby and get the hell out of there so I keep walking towards the sound and as I turn the next corner I see a crib. To my disappointment and horror the crib is empty. I raise my eyes and see the strange man holding the baby, he was standing on the other side of the first locked door I saw and as soon as he saw me he closed it again. This is where I started to panic, heading back to the kitchen area and grabbing one of the small blades. I catch a glance of myself in a mirror and I remember thinking that I looked very worn down and exhausted. Now my mind starts playing tricks on me and I'm no longer sure if I'm being held captive or if I'm breaking and entering someone's home, so I start calling out for the strange man saying "Don't worry, I don't want to hurt you. Just come out and we can talk...".

I stood waiting with anticipation, gripping the handle of the almost toy-like knife and breathing heavily, 100% prepared to slice and dice my way through whoever comes around that corner. I can hear him coming and after taking a moment to gather courage I jump out, holding my hands high and trying to look dangerous. This is where the dream took a really strange turn into mindfuck land. I look the man straight into the eyes and I suddenly realize that this isn't a stranger at all, it's my father, and the baby he is holding is me (I didn't think much of it then, probably because it was a dream, but thinking about it afterwards kinda makes me question my mental health). I drop my knife on the floor and take a step forward, reaching out with my hand towards him and suddenly feeling a lot calmer. Suddenly, my dad grabs my hand and throws the baby on the floor, he pulls me in and shoves the large machete he had been sharpening earlier into my stomach, tilting it up into my ribcage until I could feel the cold steel in the back of my throat.
    This is where the dream ended and I woke up to realize I had been crying in my sleep, some weird shit right there...

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Mountains Icrontian

I was in Ireland when I ran in to Basil and his family, they were putting on a live play version of A Clockwork Orange. I talked to them in between acts and referenced Basil as Basil, and they told me that wasn't his real name.

BasilcolaprimesuspectTushon
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian

Had a dream that Jeff (@J) had a pet moose and brought him over my house and he had a trick where the moose would eat apples out of my mouth. The moose's name was Joe.
    I also had a separate dream in which I was in a swamp and I put my hand in the water and got bit by a snake which latched on and wouldn't let go. Suddenly I realized the swamp was absolutely filled with snakes, they were everywhere. I was trying to get out of the water and onto some land, but there were snakes on the shore too. I wasn't scared (it wasn't a nightmare), I was just really pissed off. Stupid snakes.
    Dreams are weird.

csimon
  • colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
    edited 24 Jun

So last night (yesterday afternoon lol midnight shifts) I had a dream, I was on a submarine but it had a bunch of maintenance going on and more space than it should and a gym that looked like a modern day one with glass windows and sunlight outside. I didn't consider that weird for some reason. We landed at some shore and opened a hatch like one to put landing craft out of. I stepped out and looked around and saw a bunch of old diesel subs, the kind that we don't make anymore. I looked over to my right and saw a sub that didn't look like it belonged, it was shaped like a modern sub. I saw it's hull number, 581. I woke up a bit later and for some reason decided to look into that.

I'm kinda freaking out right now, because what I found out is this:

This is the USS Blueback, the exact sub from my dream. It was the last diesel submarine to be made for the U.S. Navy, the last diesel to be decomissioned, and the first submarine to feature the teardrop shape of today's subs.

I had no idea this thing even existed, but for some reason I saw it in my dream with a bunch of other diesel subs and had the hull number and shape right. This is seriously giving me chills.

BandrikdrasnorBasil
  • SignalSignal Member

So I had a dream I was in medieval times and the castle was being attached by a dragon, only it wasn't the dragon, it was the dragons newborn. She was teaching it how to hunt villagers. Everyone was lined up outside as was the custom when the dragon attacks. The rationale was that if everyone was outside the dragon would just take the people it needed instead of destroying the whole village. I was trying to get everyone to get inside but first was going around looking all doors and closing the windows of the castle (I guess even in my dreams I'm a security admin) so the dragon couldn't get in. I had to be all stealthy and only close windows after the mother dragon flew by. She was circling and watching over the whole village. Going around closing windows and doors everything was suddenly modern times and I was in all these connected resorts or condos or something. So I'm going through all these rich peoples homes battening down the hatches and suddenly realize this whole place is windows and I'm just merely closing blinds. If the dragon could get it, he could get in. Then I woke up.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout New Mexico Icrontian
    This morning (like 7:30am, I woke up at 8am) I had a dream of the kids from Recess and the characters from MLP: Friendship is Magic were zooming parkour like across a futuristic city trying to catch up to the space gorillas that had transported them there. They caught up to the gorilla mother ship and were waging a fierce battle, but I woke up before anything got resolved.
    I find when I get memorable dreams, it linked to something that I only glimpsed and never gave a complete thought to. So my mind "completes" the stranded thoughts from throughout the day. In this case, I had seen a piece of fan art of Recess on the front page of DA.

I don't keep many dreams these days. Judging by the patterns, I wake up at about every other REM cycle so I lose out on them.

Last week there was one also in the late morning, about some scientist group doing something while standing in lava. Whatever they did opened up a big cave in the side of the volcano they were at. Suddenly weirdly designed dinosaurs came pouring out of an entirely different cave in the volcano and proceeded to feast on the scientists. I was in 3rd person for this one and only treated it like watching a movie instead of the nightmare it could be. However, I enjoyed it the different views, so that did scare me after I woke up.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Dallas Icrontian

So, I was walking/running with my family on some sort of vacation and we stopped at a motel (in the middle of the day). Anyways, I walked in and was talking to the front desk person, who was wearing a Camp Quest shirt (a camp that I'm involved with). I asked him how he was involved and he began mumbling, then I looked through the back door and spotted what appeared to be the typical arrival day activities. I asked what camp they were running and got suspicious, started to walk out to question the person in charge in the back lot and woke up ... wut?

124»