If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

The weird dream thread

Comments

• TeramonaTeramona Baroness von Puttenham In a cute little love nest with Mymidan. Icrontian
    Okay.

It's 5:14am here. I was just awaken by a dream I had that @primesuspect texted me and said "you should try wrapping the staff next time". In the dream it made sense to me, and I was like "crap! I have to do that. I totally forgot!"

Then I woke up. My phone's right next to my head, weirdly, and I got halfway through a response text to prime before I realized what I was doing.

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME, BRIAN?!

Okay, back to sleep.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    Teramona said:

Okay.

It's 5:14am here. I was just awaken by a dream I had that @primesuspect texted me and said "you should try wrapping the staff next time". In the dream it made sense to me, and I was like "crap! I have to do that. I totally forgot!"

Then I woke up. My phone's right next to my head, weirdly, and I got halfway through a response text to prime before I realized what I was doing.

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME, BRIAN?!

Okay, back to sleep.

Perhaps it's time to learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XtvshMwnBuI
    JBoogaloo
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    If I had gotten a text at 8am from Terin with something about weapons or wrapping staves, I would have found great joy in that.
    Teramona
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited Feb 2013

I had a dream I was abducted by aliens wanting to see how we humans reproduced, so they put me and this really good looking chick together in a room and forced us to do fun things together! :cool: :p ;D

....Then I woke up. :banghead:That kind of dream is ALWAYS the best to have and worst to wake up from.

Super WEIRD dream bro.
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    Canti said:

I had a dream I was abducted by aliens wanting to see how we humans reproduced, so they put me and this really good looking chick together in a room and forced us to do fun things together! :cool: :p ;D

....Then I woke up. :banghead:That kind of dream is ALWAYS the best to have and worst to wake up from.

Super WEIRD dream bro.
    That was SUPPOSED to be in quoted from someone else only the "That kind of dream is ALWAYS the best to have and worst to wake up from" Was mine @Canti
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    SUPER
    WEIRD
    DREAM
    BRO
    Creeperbane2
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Had a dream I was fighting a monster with the Justice League.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    The other night I had a dream that I was invited to a party at our HR director's house. Her daughter was there, and we were sharing a cake that was half cake and half BBQ chicken. After we finished, her mother invited me to her room and we had sex.
    csimonTiberiusLazarus
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    Kwitko said:

The other night I had a dream that I was invited to a party at our HR director's house. Her daughter was there, and we were sharing a cake that was half cake and half BBQ chicken. After we finished, her mother invited me to her room and we had sex.

Wow. Can you embellish on the chicken cake?

Sonorous
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I dreamt the other day that it was EPIC, and I was following @Primesuspect around trying to figure out who this new guy was at the event. His name was Andrew, and he was super cute and I'd never heard of him before. EPIC, ps, was being held at the old Warren house in my dream.

Then I "woke up" inside of that dream, to find myself at ICHQ Detroit, where Prime and I had a conversation about how funny it was that I'd dreamed that they'd moved back to the Warren house for EPIC. Brian said "Yea, EPIC is in two weeks, how would we have time to move back for that? Plus, we don't even have access to the old house anymore."

Then I woke up for real, and realized that EPIC is still a few months away! Noooooo!!

Also I think I was naked for half the dream and everyone else found this hilarious, and I just gave no fucks walking around in the buff.

wat.
    ... go on.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I laid on your couch naked when we were chatting except for covering myself up with a large decorative fan. You were like "whar is your clothes" and I was like "i dunno, dgaf"
    Fair enough. Pretty sure that's probably happened before.
  • TeramonaTeramona Baroness von Puttenham In a cute little love nest with Mymidan. Icrontian
    Just woke up from a dream where @Lincoln was showing me around ICHQ, like I'd never seen it before. Except I hadn't seen it before. It was all dark and gloomy, and there were some creepy swing dancers dancing on an upstairs landing that looked nothing like the real upstairs landing. The outside of the house was pretty great, but a lot of work was being done. I think we were on the roof, and I could see whole panels of the house had been stripped away and replaced. I asked Lincoln if he was going to buy the church and surrounding houses and fix those up, too, and he said that was the plan...

Because he'd need all the extra LAN space for when HL3 came out. 0_o
    TushonKoreish
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian
    The dream was real.
    TushonTeramona
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Except for the HL3 part...
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Lincoln just confirmed HL3.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    I had a dream the other night that Jennifer Lawrence was sitting naked on my couch, and I asked her if she wanted to hook up. She looked around, shrugged her shoulders, and said, "Okay." Then the next thing I know, I'm on the red carpet for some premiere, holding her hand while flashes are going off everywhere.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I had a dream that my future child came out the same size as Stay Puft from Ghostbusters and proceeded to stomp on/over/through the hospital.

I also had a dream that my dog was the size of a deer, but had antlers that were huge (think caribou) and I had to convince my brother and nephew not to shoot the herd of my dogs.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited Feb 2014
    Last night I had a dream that Google's April Fool's announcement for this year was Google Monolith. Except, instead of raising species to sentience like the monolith from 2001, the Google Monolith was an enormous Android Tablet, about 7 feet high and 3 feet wide. It had screens and cameras on both sides, so that the owner of a Google Monolith could hide behind it and appear invisible if they didn't get in front of the camera lens.
    Thraxdrasnor
    Does such a thing not already exist? I was pretty sure it does.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    It's the Apple iPhone 6

• drasnordrasnor Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    GHoosdum said:

Last night I had a dream that Google's April Fool's announcement for this year was Google Monolith. Except, instead of raising species to sentience like the monolith from 2001, the Google Monolith was an enormous Android Tablet, about 7 feet high and 3 feet wide. It had screens and cameras on both sides, so that the owner of a Google Monolith could hide behind it and appear invisible if they didn't get in front of the camera lens.

Shouldn't that be 9 ft high and 4 ft wide?
    GHoosdum
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Dras is particular about his large magic boxes.
    edited Feb 2014
    I had a weird dream last night that I was touring Kennedy Space Center with my parents and saw all kinds of weird stuff. We were walking along the main street at Patrick AFB and there was part of a rocket sticking out of a hangar (not unusual) but it appeared to have two stalks and two engines mounted on each on some kind of ankle-inspired-mechanism thrust-vectoring arrangement. I was like, "huh, I guess that could work?" and kept on walking because it was the Air Force side and if I hadn't known about it beforehand it's probably not something I'm supposed to know about.

Flash forward and we're touring launch complex 39A (the shuttle pad) and NASA has set up a lame animatronic display a la their "Pathfinders of Human Exploration" exhibit. I'm up on the pad deck and looking down and across the bay an ATK Liberty launches, clears the tower, and then falls over on its side and comes shooting towards me. I turn and start running for the crowd of people yelling, "it's coming right for us, get down!" but it misses by a little bit and ploughs into the swamp between 39A and 39B with a massive fireball. Everyone's like, "well, that was cool" and keep going about the tour.

All of the sudden I'm wandering around LC-41 which has an Atlas V and some spacecraft I don't immediately recognize all stacked up. I go up to the integration platform and there's two dudes in jumpsuits crawling around inside this capsule with flashlights and electrical test gear. There's also a woman that looks exactly like Ily's Bismarck waifu supervising the work. I step out onto the platform to go take a closer look and the whole platform starts tilting and rotating, with this woman having to balance and grab hold of a handhold on the spacecraft. I say, "you guys should probably get this looked at before there's an accident," and she gives me a dirty look and says, "yeah, we know." I ask what kind of spacecraft it is and she says it's a CX-10B which I figure is some variant of a CST-100.

Then I'm back at the KSC rocket garden with my folks and the Air Force is announcing that they're retiring their old orbital interceptor (whose existence has been a secret until just now) and were trading them in for a Japanese-inspired design. The old interceptor looks like an upscaled X-15 mated to a Titan IV launch vehicle. I was not surprised that they had the thing and it was secret but was surprised that they were using a Titan IV because it's been retired for like a decade now. Then they showed off their new interceptor which looked like something out of Macross/Robotech with full FAST packs and the exact engine configuration I'd seen poking out the back of the hangar earlier. The whole ensemble was mated to a Space Shuttle external tank and SRB assembly. I was like, "Huh, I like the way they went with this and I guess they needed something to do with all that old shuttle hardware."

Then, for some reason I'm at work and there's a bunch of these Veritech interceptors there; I guess we were making them? We close the center two lanes of northbound I-405 and taxi them at supersonic speeds up the highway to get everyone excited about the Hyperloop. Then I woke up.
    RyderGHoosdumBasilIlriyas
    edited Feb 2014
    drasnor said:

Then I woke up and did all these things for real because that's my job.

How the hell do you guys remember dreams in so much detail?
    Canti said:

drasnor said:

Then I woke up and did all these thing s for real because that's my job.

How the hell do you guys remember dreams in so much detail?
    Only happens every so often; maybe once or twice a week? If it's particularly good I lay in bed for awhile trying to remember as much detail as I can. The ones I usually remember are me at work beating my head against the wall on some problem I haven't been able to solve. I had those in college too.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    drasnor said:

There's also a woman that looks exactly like Ily's Bismarck waifu supervising the work.
    [...]
    Then they showed off their new interceptor which looked like something out of Macross/Robotech with full FAST packs and the exact engine configuration I'd seen poking out the back of the hangar earlier.

It was a tough decision whether to lulz you for the first part, or awesome for the second.
    Ilriyas
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    What isn't awesome about a sexy platinum haired German woman with an eye patch?

*ahem* Anyways dream sounds really awesome, last dream I had where something was flying at me it was a robber's get away car, my legs didn't work and I got hit by it and exploded into red and yellow fire works.