Puter not found yet found

EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
edited June 2004 in Science & Tech
This has perhaps been asked before but i'm to lazy to search for it. Well a few days ago i posted i picture in the folding challenges thread showing 2 clients folding. That was while i was using my router. Now when my router is removed i can't find the other client with fah nor network neibourhood, yet i can use Realvnc without trouble just as before. :banghead:

Why can't i find the other computer in anything other than vnc when i had no trouble with it before. The computer is connected to the marvell network controller on my mobo. It can find the internet. i tested that.

Is this because that rig is running win98 with fat32 when this rig is running win xp with ntfs. If so why could i find it before and not now.

Oh and one non related question. The rig is running the graphical fahclient. I set it to no prefs at the start and it got and are working on a 235 point wu. I now set it on gah but must i use that or could it finnish fah wus in time. It's not runnning any processes other than fah and realvnc? :fold:

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2004
    How is the other computer connected to the internet, you said you removed the router?
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited June 2004
    Through my this rig via the network controller. And it works ... well used to work. Hmm not working after reboot. can't find it at all.
    edited June 2004
    Ok it's running but i don't know what happened. I can't find it at all from this rig which started after i edited some network settings though i don't know what could have caused this as i don't recall what i changed more than something about a mask. i'll let it run tonight and check this tomorrow afternoon when i get back from work.
    edited June 2004
    Well i ran the configure networks wizard sp now realvnc can find the other rig but that's all. why is this happening and how can i fix it. please help.