If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

Anyone have any cool scars?

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
edited Jun 2011 in The Icrontic Pub
As some of you may (or may not) remember, a couple years ago, I had surgery on my lung to...keep me alive :D. I've got a couple cool looking scars, and I figured all of your lives would be better after seeing them ;) I've removed the nipple, so it's safe to look at :p Anyone else have any that they think are cool?
scars.JPG
1 x 1 - 19K

Comments

• ClutchClutch North Carolina
    edited Jun 2004
    No scars here, I feel left out.
  • JengoJengo Sedro-Woolley, WA | USA
    edited Jun 2004
    i got a really cool one on the back of my head from when i got head surgery when i was like 8 (brain tumor). it looks kinda like a door into my head. heh... i think it looks cool. when i cut my hair short it looks like the barber made a door in my head lol. cause the hair doesnt grow there. lol

yeah.. memories... good thing im still alive and amd lovin! lol....
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Toronto, ON Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    I've just got a scar along the knuckle of my left thumb where I nearly severed my tendons with a steak knife at age 6.
  • edited Jun 2004
    I don't know about cool, but my upper left leg has a 12-14 inch scar on the outside and a 1 inch scar on the inside around the knee where I had a plate inserted because of a compound fracture of the femur. And my right knee has 2 scars coming almost to a V where I had a muscle transfer done because of blown ligaments in the knee. Both are courtesy of an unemployed poor disabled man on his way to the bar to drink his effing sorrows away and turned directly into me while riding on my motorcycle. :rant: The knee occasionally hurts now, as arthritis has started setting in. :rolleyes:
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited Jun 2004
    Nothin' spectacular, but I have a scar on the back of my hand where a friend of mine scratched me...dun remember what [I deserved for doing it] she was doing, but afterwards she looked at her finger and said, "Ew!" and flicked away a portion of my skin :-/
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited Jun 2004
    I could make some :D
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    A few burn marks here and there... oddly when I was in 3rd grade to 5th grade sometime between those, I had an accident on my bike that sent the handlebar(which the rubberpeice came off of)...w ell it went into my chest, under the skin but not the bone, thank god. Left a mark on me for 3 years I think, no mark left of it. It seems that all my scars eventually just fade.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    I got flaming tar splattered all over me when I was 14. I have about 2-3 dozen tiny little burn scars all over my arms, chest, and legs :D

I also have a really long (6") double scar on my right inner forearm, which looks like it was made by a wicked blade. Actually I tripped and fell on a bike fork when I was about 10.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Punta Gorda, FL Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    One on right thumb, that after 40 years is still mostly there. Kid with first knife, aka /me, cut into thumb-- to da bone. Stitches needed, given, thumb works OK. And it is STILL double-jointed (base joint) a bit more than the left one. I can literally PALM a basketball or larger ball yet.
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited Jun 2004
    I have a scar an inch under and an inch to the right of my left nipple. Had a questionable mole removed that was changing. The cool part (coolest next to it saving me from skin cancer...) is that the scar looks like a crater on the Moon. My daughter keeps pushing it like a button...LOL

I also have a scar on my left thumb that starts at the nail, goes up an inch toward the knuckle, then forms a sickle-shaped hook back toward the tip of my thumb, ending about 1/4" from the edge of my nail, on the pad of the finger. My buddy was faking stabbing me in the eye with a hunting knife that was about 12" long, so I decided to grab the haft, except just when I went to grab the HANDLE he pulled his hand back, so I grabbed the KNIDE BLADE instead as he was pulling it back. Almost sliced the tip of my finger right off. I can still imagine the feeling of the knife slicing in. The funny thing was that the apartment I was in was literally right across the street from the entrance of one of Halifax's hospital emergency entrances. Oh, and 3 of us had just finished drinking a 24 of beer in about 30 min. Did I mention I had just joined a frat, so we were kinda crazy? I strolled into the emerg, and said that I think I needed stitches, as I had cut myself. The triage nurse got cranky because I was visibly drunk, and made me sit. 25 minutes later a doctor happens to see me checking the blood, and calls me into the treatment area, yelling to the triage nurse on the way by, " YOU BETTER BE IN MY OFFICE WHEN I'M DONE STITCHING THIS GUY UP!!!!" To this day the side of my thumb is numb.
  • CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    edited Jun 2004
    Back in December, I sliced off the tip of my left index finger. All the skin and some underlying tissue, but to this day, the tip never quite grew back. It's a flat spot on the end of my finger, feels like a thick callous, and there is basically no feeling there. Good thing I'm right handed.

I've got matching scars on both thighs from where I ran into a barbed wire fence and it tore into the jeans I was wearing, and then into my legs. All I can say is that it's a good thing the barbs hit my thighs....a few inches either way and one of those barbs could have hit something much more valuable....no'm sayin'???

I've got a scar above my knee on left leg from where I laid down a dirtbike, and some metal part sunk into me. That's why I don't ride motorcycles.

Scar on left palm from where a fish hook tore through it.

Finally, on my right wrist is a thin vertical scar that looks like a very pathetic suicide attempt, but is in reality left over from a small scratch I remember getting when I was 3-4, didn't even bleed much then, but it's with me 30 years later.
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri
    edited Jun 2004
    I have lots of scars, but none that I would say are "cool" looking.

Right hand - index and middle finger - palm side - stitch marks from dropping a shortblock 350 chevy engine on it. Luckily lost no fingers or the use of them.

Right groin - large scar - can still count the stitch marks from where I had a gland removed due to "cat scratch fever" when I was about 14.

Left forearm - two small scars from metal fragments where I was knocking an axle bearing off using a chisel and hammer.

Left and right forearm - near elbows - small scars from my arms going through a door window at a garage I worked out. Door normally opened easily but on this particular occasion it didn't. Forward progress (of my body) didn't stop fast enough. Scar on upper lip (hidden by mustache) received from this same accident.

Inside of both elbows - burns from little league baseball (sliding into base)

Belly button - about 3" vertical scar almost directly through my belly button from having a kidney removed (donated to my wife). Also two other small scars on left side of stomach from same surgery.

Numerous other scars, but nothing memorable. :)

I must have had a rough childhood 'cause I don't know where a lot of my scars came from. :D
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA
    edited Jun 2004
    I only have a little scar from it - at the outside end of my left eyebrow. I was thrown from a horse back in '87 :Pwned: . I have three strips of titanium and 7-8 stainless steel screws holding my left cheek bone in place. I only have the 1 little scar because the Docs went in through my mouth, between my gums and top lip to put everything back where it belongs.

Ended up witha broke left leg too when the horse stepped on me :Pwned: again!!! Had a horseshoe shaped scar on my left calve for years after it happened. It's faded away with time
  • TheSmJTheSmJ Farmington Hills (Metro Detroit)
    edited Jun 2004
    I have a scar on my right thumb when I opened a can of tuna in the school cafeteria when I was in the 8th grade. Still makes my thumb tickle from time to time. Also makes my right thumbprint funky.

The inside of both my arms are covered in stretch marks (going from my elbow to shoulder), which I managed to get in 8th grade thanks to working out all the time. They're not as red as they used to be, but are still very visible. There were rumors back in those days that they were the result of steroids.

Nope, just inelastic skin.
  • XanderXander (See Avatar)
    edited Jun 2004
    Well, I have a scar on my Right elbow from something that i cannot remember, then I have 4 horizontal scars on my back that look like whipping scars (maybe Leo?) but I hve no idea where they came from, and a scar on my lower right back fromm a screw on my parents dresser that I fell on. That's it. OH wait. I know it is not a scar but does a dent in the head count? I got a concussion at six flags and got a dent in my head. Don't ask what ride it was on cause all I know is that I threw up 7 times that day thanks to that darn concussion.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    Got one on my knee when I was playing Baseball I was a catcher and the pad slipped off my knee and a guy foul tipped it. Laces are indented on my knee been there for years.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Member
    edited Jun 2004
    I have a lightning bolt on my right index nuckle that I broke open in a fight from highschool.

I also took a clam in the knee when I was a kid, the clam went so far in it was stuck. That left a dandy scar.

All other scars are insignificant.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited Jun 2004
    I have a 14" long scar on my you-know-what. ;D
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    it looks like a corkscrew when it wraps around 28 times though, right?
    edited Jun 2004
    shwaip said:
    it looks like a corkscrew when it wraps around 28 times though, right?
    You're a cruel man, shwaip. :rolleyes:

:D
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    You set me up, I'll knock em down ;)

:D
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited Jun 2004
    I have a nice scar on the back of my knee where a german shepard bit me at age 9. I long one on my hand when I fell out of a treehouse. My knuckles are pretty bunged up cause i'm a badass, and I have a nice scar in my forehead where I got up close and personal with a beer glass.
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    Heck - I could give Frankenstein a run in the scar department. Age does that to you I think. I'm not real accident prone, but stuff happens to me WAY too much.

Centerline of back from collar to butt crack - spinal cord tumor

Left wrist front and back - knife wound completely through wrist. (Was just a bit slow).

Right knee most of the way around. - Schrapnel from grenade. (One of ours)

Left shoulder front and back - bullet hole straight through.

Various other odds and ends on extremities.

A few years in the military will usually give you some bragging rights in the scar competitions :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    Wow, that's a whole seperate thread:

How many of you have taken a bullet? :eek3:
    edited Jun 2004
    missleman what war? Vietnam?
    edited Jun 2004
    I once shot my brother in the stomach with a 22. actually, it bounced off a tire and lodged in his tummy.. he picked it out himself. Myself, I've been lucky.. always ducked at the right time. I did lose my eyebrows during a freak homemade napalm incident tho.
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited Jun 2004
    Isn't homemade napalm every schoolboy's dream??

My brother and I used to have a pellet gun target set up in our basement. We had a Nigerian guy billeted at the house for a soccer tournament, and he had never shot any type of gun, so we let him try. My brother gets cocky and starts swinging his hand like a pendulum in front of the target, and doesn't the Nigerian nail him in the thumb? I'll never forget looking at this little ball under the skin of my brother's finger. Then my Mom yells down "Anything going on down there?".

"Oh no, Mom, all is A-OK!!" LOL My brother finally popped it out.
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    Yeah it was "NAM" in 1972. Got to see the countryside while hanging out the door of a huey. Actually I was shot twice in 6 months. First time got hit in the "chicken vest". That hurt worse than the one that went through. Felt like getting hit by a semi on the interstate. AK packs a helluva hit. Old flak jackets had lead bricks sewn into em. Felt like it anyway. They weighed 22 lbs and dam thing left a bruise like a brick acrossed my ribs.

They say everybody comes near death 3 times in their lifetime. I got mine and somebody else's. I can't complain though. Been dang lucky overall. Course my body is paying back with interest now, but it's the price you pay in the end. You have to live life day by day and always treat people like it will be the last time you see them cause it really could be. I really believe when it's your time - it's your time.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA
    edited Jun 2004
    primesuspect said:
    Wow, that's a whole seperate thread:

How many of you have taken a bullet? :eek3:

Never got shot, but I was shot at twice while in the Air Force. 1st time was while down in Honduras supporting the DEA drug interdiction forces. Someone started taking pot shots at us from in the jungle. All firing ceased when I opened up on the general location with my M-60E3 and turned that area into a new clearing - did I hit anything??? Don't know, didn't check, too much crap that can hurt you in the jungles of Honduras.

Second time was in Panama @ Howard AFB. Started taking incoming fire from the jungle(see a theme here?) near the base perimeter. Some Army guys responded to our call for support with a Humvee mounted 50 Cal. The shooting stopped rather quicky! LOL! Go Army! :Rocker:

R
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ @TheButterflyman Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    I was in a lot of fights as a kid, so I've got a few knife scars including one in the side of my face (looks like an unnaturally high dimple on my right side, you can only see it when I smile) and one in the palm of my right hand (wax-on, wax-off) which was aimed at my face.

My knees and shins are pretty banged up from years of bicycle accidents.

Years of scouting, camping, and cooking have left me with only one fingerprint that is not somehow marked (left index).

I've never been shot, but I got a pretty bad burn when some hot brass from GHoosdum's gun hit me in the back of the neck, went down my tucked in shirt and came to rest against my left but cheek... That's gonna be a scar...
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    My first scar was obtained at age 3. I remember it like it was yesterday. I severed my left ring finger at the large knuckle and my index at the small knuckle. Both were hanging by a thread and were re-attached and work fine to this day. The knuckle on the ring finger is a little larger than normal due to calcium build up from the healing bone tissue but it looks ok really ...the joints has perfect use which is miraculous AFAIK. Both fingers have about 315 degree radial stitch scars around them. The knuckle keeps my wedding ring from slipping off!!! LOL

Brun scar on top right middle finger from knuckle to knuckle hardly noticable.

Right ankle has about a 6 inch stitch scar on the inside going upwards where I had a screw attached for 6 months once the fracture healed on the tibia. The fibula was crushed on the opposite side of the ankle about 8-12 inches but only a small scar there where the bone punctured.

Last (noticable) scars are from bilateral inguenal hernia. 2 6 inch stitch scars hardly noticable now but are there if you really look closely ...not that anyone really does!!! Ok the wifey gets close ups when she's in the mood but she'd kill me if she knew I were posting this!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Orange, CA Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    I've got a scar in the shape of a check-mark above one of my eyes, from when I was very young (like under a year) and I walked into the corner of something.

My girlfriend has a scar on her leg that she calles the 'winking smiley face' ( ;) ) from when she was a kid and she slid down the hood of a Datsun 280Z and the license plate embedded itself into her leg.

Apparently the cartridges I use are neck-seeking, because CB shifted in his seat to get away from where the cartridges were ejecting to, and after he moved the next one took a severely different path from the previous ones, and hit his neck and fell straight down his shirt.

We go ;D now, but CB went :rant: at the time.
    edited Jun 2004
    No matter what people say about NAM Id like to say thanks missleman!
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains
    edited Jun 2004
    oh the miller clan is known for scars

oldest brother:
    verious broken bone scars
    various burns from work
    car crash scars
    almost cut his thumb off at work a few times, gotta purty one from that

middle brother:
    DE-gloves his hand ( as in pulled the skinn off like a glove) when a truck he had his hand out of flipped onto it
    flying V scar on 1 leg from a bolt that whent through his leg
    rake scar on the other from the footpeg of a PE175
    burns on his legs
    skin graft scars

Me:
    about a 7-8 inch scar on my belly, a hole above that
    left hand whare i broke it
    knuckles on my right hand whare the skin was grated off by roofing shingles
    few holes in my feet from nails
    my right leg what i fell on a .. i forget
    scar on my foot from a gunshot witha sharp pointed pellet
    scar on the other foot from a nail
    hole in my neck from feeding tube operation when i was a baby ( 1st scars )

3 boys later my mom is a RN :) and its a good thing
  • LeonardoLeonardo Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited Jun 2004
    A few years in the military will usually give you some bragging rights in the scar competitions
    Guess I missed out on that. Had mortars flying over me during the Gulf War (first one), but none landed near me. Just one military scar: went to the rifle qualification range at Ft. Wainwright, Alaska on a double digit sub-zero day. Got frostbite on the tip of my nose from it touching the M-16's charging handle while shooting in the prone position. It's just a little white dot that only shows up if I'm outdoors in the cold.
    edited Jun 2004
    Leonardo said:
    ...It's just a little white dot that only shows up if I'm outdoors in the cold.
    You could rent yourself out to the National Weather Service to provide frost warnings for gardeners and farmers. I can hear it now:

"Mabel, get them thar peach trees covered - Leo's nose sez hit's gonna freeze!"

;D
  • edited Jul 2004
    Cool scars.. I know women like em. About my scar, I was 17 when I...
    DSC00065.JPG
    1 x 1 - 7K
    DSC00136.JPG
    1 x 1 - 10K
  • LeonardoLeonardo Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited Jul 2004
    About my scar, I was 17 when I...
    got the short end of the stick in a fight. ? :eek2:
  • test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX
    edited Jul 2004
    left thumb at the base. i was being a pyro when i was really little. maybe 5 or 6. i got flaming plastic on my hand from a flaming plastic fork that i set on fire in a BBQ pit. it was fun to watch the plastic drip to the ground as it burned... then it landed on me. oops. left a large bump-like scar.
  • robbyrobby Olympia, WA
    edited Jul 2004
    I have a scar on my right collar bone from the pin that was put in it, right knee from ligament sugery, and the right half of my face has been replaced with titanium (my pic was after that, you can't even tell) countless scars on my tailbone, knees and elbows. Also various scars from removed piercings. Yeah, I beat myself up. Alot.
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich
    edited Jul 2004
    Right outer thigh, 6", hip operation after falling off a cliff.

Back, 4", fell out of bed onto a stemmed wine glass during nookie. Ouch.

Right hand, base of thumb, 1", friction driven cogged toy aeroplane, age 8.

That's it. No tattoos, no piercings ;)
  • MJOMJO Denmark
    edited Jul 2004
    Let's see if I can remember all of them.

I have a 10 cm long scar on my stomach, I had some sugery done when I was very young. It got glued back together. ;D
    Then I have a stitch scar on each ankle, it was the doctors trying to find a place for an IV.

On my nose I have got a small scar, not visible, got that at age seven, I had a wall/ladder accident.

Then I have a V shaped scar on my left hand close to the thumb. About 2 cm long. Got that at age 13 in woodshop at school.
    Let's just say the saw slipped. ;)
    The secretary almost fainted when I showed her the wound, but it was her own fault she wanted to see it. ;D

A small burn on my right arm, almost invisble by now, got that at age 14 at housecraft class at school.
    An oven at 150-200 degrees isn't good for your arm.

On the left arm I have a more recent burn from my own oven.
    I should have learned it by now, the oven was 250 degrees and I only touched for a split second.
    The burn has been quite visible for several months now, but it is getting better.

Apart from that I have the occasional scratch marks from my sisters cats.
    Yesterday Gizmo who weighs in at 9 kg's decided to panic and crawl up my shoulder using nothing but his claws.
    That hurt quite a bit, but I am still in one piece.
    Scratch marks tends to sting quite a lot.

I have never broken anything, guess I am lucky?
  • rykoryko new york
    edited Jul 2004
    scars.....let's see, in chronological order....

1. age5, split my tongue down the middle (like a snakes tongue) by biting it while i flipped over on a stupid wobbly caterpillar thing that i had to ride one last time before it was sold at the garge sale. I was rushed to the hospital where i got 20+ stiches on my tongue ... wierd 1-2" vertical scar on the underside and top of my tongue and a dis-trust of catepillars

2. age8, two small holes in the back of my head from a hammer....you know the part that you pull nails out with...i had a whole bunch of caps from a cap gun, but i wanted to make them go off by smashing them with a hammer...i smashed 1, then 2, then 3 and 4, and finally i decide i wanted to smash 1 whole roll at a time. i knew i had to hit it with a lot of force, so i picked the hammer up as high as i could and as far back as i could, and i stuck it into the back of my head. the funny thing is that i thought i would get in trouble for using my dad's tools, so i didn't tell anybody for like a day...then my mom saw 2 holes in the back of my head at dinner the next evening and freaked .. i was rushed to the hospital where they shaved a circle in my head and gave me 14 stitches ... 2 small 1/2" scars on the back of my head

3. age10, split my tongue horizontally after bitting it when i fell off one of those circular jungle gym things. this time i actually bite a chunk of my tongue completely off, and the rest of it was just hanging there. ... 20+ stitches and a small part of the front left portion of my tongue is missing

4. age10, bent, rusty license plate to left knee, i was trying to squeeze in-between cars while chasing someone and the front license plate tore open my knee-cap... 3" scar and tetnus shot

5. age 11, stepped on a 3" metal screw in the middle of the night while trying to get to the bathroom ... 1/4" hole-type scar on my right foot, between 2nd and 3rd toe and another tetnus shot

6. age13, baseball to chin in the middle of a game. i was playing short-stop and the ball hit the lip of the grass, where the infield dirt starts, and bounced right up into my chin ... 2" scar under my bottom lip and a short spell of unconsciuosness

that's it...for the big ones...i haven't had too many note-worthy accidents in the past 10 years. thank god, since i maimed, and mutilated myself enough during chilhood.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ @TheButterflyman Icrontian
    edited Jul 2004
    So, from what I'm hearing we could easily harvest enough scar tissue from this group that we could make a whole new person enirely out of scar tissue, and still have plenty left over!

Now that I have written that, I'm not sure that I should have...
    edited Jul 2004
    The resulting 'ScarMan" can be the new mascot for Lan '05!
  • edited Jun 2011
    I have a deep scar above my right eye and a small flat red one curving almost touching my deep scar.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Mountains Icrontian
    edited Jun 2011
    pd482 said:
    I have a deep scar above my right eye and a small flat red one curving almost touching my deep scar.
    Cool first post bro? :zombie:
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Dallas Icrontian
    edited Jun 2011
    Don't hate, he gets an achievement for that. Also, he is probably Kratos
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited Jun 2011
    pd482 said:
    Welcome to Icrontic,

Care to share how you received said scars? Does it involve Pirates? :mouldy:

-Digi
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited Jun 2011
    My hands have so many scars from various bike accidents, skateboard accidents, computer cases, a fight where the other asshole pulled a knife, misc. I gave up counting. Most are small a few are at least an inch long and the worst is one that's most of the inside length of my pinky finger. It was a bike crash where I caught way to much air and came down and my hand somehow slid between the end of the handlebar and a wall.