The Race to 10K....

oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
edited June 2004 in Folding@Home
Well the race to 10K has been going all day between MissleMan, The Gr81, and myself.... So far MM is just a little less than 150 points away from taking the prize.

I'm thinking The Gr81 blew his wad yesterday with all those big tinkers causing his performance to be a little low today.

Me? I'm playing catchup and hoping that I can deliver big in the wee hours of the morning.

It's gonna be close boyz and girlz AND should be one helluva show!

raceon.jpg

Comments

• entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited June 2004
    ;)Ocomik, I wouldn't worry too much. Another 12-13 days and you'll be ahead of ME lol. You've got some incredibly power behind you :) Darn good thing you joined Team #93 for F@H :D. Well, good for the team, bad for anyone ahead of you ;D
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited June 2004
    Update: 5:13 AM CDT

raceon2.jpg
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Ahh.... this reminds me of the good old days with Wuggaroo and I fighting over positions....

Just remember that this inter team competition is just for fun and should not be taken to seriously... cuz none of you will catch me in the next 900 days!!!!!!
    edited June 2004
    Update: 8:18 AM CDT

raceon3.jpg

gotcha! <font color="red">*thinks to himself - neither one of these guys probably knew I was chasing (or racing) them*</font>
    edited June 2004
    o-comic.... you plan on adding a F@H sig? Would be nice to see your stats. It could be added to the lower section of your current sig.... just a suggestion.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    In fact you could make your Ocomik.net logo into a custom F@H sig, by adding the stats to your graphic.

Nice folding, and we're glad to have you on the team.

Good job convincing him, QCH!
    edited June 2004
    QCH2002 wrote:
    o-comic.... you plan on adding a F@H sig?

I'm aware it can be done but don't have any plans to add one. Thanks....
    edited June 2004
    I think adding that "thanks" to the end officially rates a :Pwned: @ QCH...
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited June 2004
    Good job ocomik! I thought I could beat at least one of you- I had a headstart on both of you- but you were right about those tinkers. I finally got a dgromac wu but it could've come much sooner. I don't think I have any chance of catching Missleman. I need more computers around here. :banghead:

The race started between Missleman and myself but a couple days after you appeared on the same page as us I knew there'd be a new contestant! :)

Good job guys! I didn't win, but I didn't lose either... No one loses these races. :thumbsup:
    edited June 2004
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I think adding that "thanks" to the end officially rates a :Pwned: @ QCH...

Someone's trying to stir-up trouble... I know its because of my John Peters comment to you the other day. ;D;D;D

Actually my thanks means "I appreciate the suggestion but no thanks at this time..." If I'm gonna PWN (is that the correct usage?) QCH2002, then it'll be when he's tasting the spray from my blackhawk in BF DC! You know it BABY!!!!!! :thumbsup:
    edited June 2004
    TheGr81 wrote:
    Good job guys! I didn't win, but I didn't lose either... No one loses these races. :thumbsup:

I whole heartedly concur... The competition can be fun but it's the results of the folding that are important... I'm really happy to be part of Team 93 and protein folding for a cure!

Thanks for having me!
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited June 2004
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Ahh.... this reminds me of the good old days with Wuggaroo and I fighting over positions....

Just remember that this inter team competition is just for fun and should not be taken to seriously... cuz none of you will catch me in the next 900 days!!!!!!

Good stuff, this competing.

Hey Q, can Sally have a go too??? ;D
    edited June 2004
    grrr.... left myself open for "Mantouch" comments. Wugs probable doesn't mind the mantouch, but I am (trying to be) "hands off" on the subject... grrrrrr...

(must pay closer attention to my posts.... hmmm)
    edited June 2004
    oCoMiK wrote:
    If I'm gonna PWN (is that the correct usage?) QCH2002, then it'll be when he's tasting the spray from my blackhawk in BF DC! You know it BABY!!!!!! :thumbsup:

O... M... F... G... ;D

I really, really, really must refrain from commenting further on this... remarkable quote!