Good standing computer desk

metomeyametomeya New
edited July 2004 in Hardware
Anyone know of a cheap standing computer desk?

something like this

http://www.hardwoodfurniture.com/sitting-standing-computer-desk.htm

Or maybe something to add to my exisiting desk to make it where i can stand.

I'm just tired of sitting on my butt all day, and getting on my knees hurts (no jokes guys)

Comments

• botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2004
    But it's horrible. Just buy a cushion.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I like to stand to work. It is fine if I am reading or talking on the phone and taking notes. But not to type. That puts too much strain on my wrist/arm/sholder.
    Look for a better chair. One with adjustable arms and multiple back adjustments.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    It is possible to get a movable\lockable arm type monitor shelf and use it for a keyboard, or get two and use one for monitor and one for keyboard and mouse. The large arm-type supports are swingable and can be adjusted vertically also, basically you can position and lock them to almost anywhere arm will reach in all dimensions, X, Y and Z planes. Buying two arms could run about half what you are looking at. If you have a heavy table or deskt, and can clamp to it, these arms can do that, or you can wall-mount with anchors or fairly small lag screws into a stud in a wall also, or a cross-brace or mount panel of painted plywood or oak board mounted on a wall behind desk or table that is fastened to two or three studs in wall.

Global Computer, Inc. has a variety of these heavy duty arms, high quality, and industrial kinds of computer workstations of metal that can be configured for standing work also. They also have keyboard shelves that can be adjusted to heights higher than a desk keyboard tray height by a few inches.

Advice, for cheaper, look at other ways to do this than wood desks, unless around $500.00 is cheap for a standing desk prebuilt. Those wood ones look well made, BTW.
  • SquillSquill Chesterfield, Va
    edited July 2004
    here's a bunch of standing computer desks. :wink: