Odd sounds

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited July 2004 in Hardware
I am not sure if this still happens with speakers, I only have headphones connected. But I constantly hear a bunch of weird random screetching sounds, some of them coincide with things I am doing, or the computer is doing, such as a low buzzingsound when and only when I move my mouse.

Things like that, they are not bad, but they are there, and I was curious what it could be.

TIA

Comments

• maxanonmaxanon Montreal
    edited July 2004
    interference, bad wires, take a look at your headphone wires and a look inside the case.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2004
    it can also have something to do with your soundcard. the headphones just pick up on this stuff way better than speakers do. what kind of soundcard are you using? i found moving from my onboard AC'97 to an Audigy 2 virtually eliminated this problem (of course it created others, Creative blows)
  • SqueakSqueak School: Seaside Ca; Home: Victorville Ca
    edited July 2004
    Yeah your headphones will pick up on alot of interference, especially if the power cable you are using to power your computer items have any other plug in it like a fan or tv etc. very common error is to use a power strip to plug EVERYTHING into. Alot of interference is generated this way. Also try another pair of headphones, and try plugging your computer into an a wall jack seperate from other plugs. :)
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited July 2004
    My Senn HD-570's suffer from this too and I've yet to find a solution to it (except for cranking the music volume up a little more) :)

If everything is silent around me and I've got the ProMedia 4.1's turned on, I can hear DVD-ROM access and HDD access sounds through my speakers as well (sounds like high-pitched scratching/screetching)

Weird.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Mute your microphone channel.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited July 2004
    W00T gone! No more space-alien sounds eminating from my speakers (other than those from Wing Commander)... :)

Thanks!