switch to SATA RAID drivers

edited July 2004 in Hardware
Hi guys,

I have a GA-7N400Pro2 (Rev2.0) m/b and am using a Seagate 120Gb SATA hdd to boot off. It is currently set up as BASE in BIOS and using SATA IDE drivers 1.00.47. I get the page file warnings and disk errors which other people have experienced.

Apparently the solution for is to use the RAID BIOS setting and RAID drivers instead of the BASE drivers, for all configurations of hdds.

So, I want to change my setup, but dont want to reload windows. Is it possible to uninstall the BASE driver, change BIOS to RAID, then install RAID driver successfully or is a format reload the only way?

Cheers,

Bobby.

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited July 2004
    Depends. If you have to "create an array" even if its a single drive array that will probably hose your drives data. If you don't have to touch anything except reboot your probbaly fine but this isnt something to think about attempting no matter what without getting your data backed up. Do you have a drive you could image to?

Tex
  • edited July 2004
    I decided to do a full install of windows using the latest RAID BIOS and drivers. PC seems to be better now that when I was using the BASE settings and I have'nt had any errors since.