4hours need input

GobblesGobbles Ventura California
edited July 2004 in Hardware
Which do you think is better...

ThermalTake volcano 11+
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-106-031&depa=0

or

Silent boost http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-106-037&depa=0

im interested in the best cooling between these 2. Both are sold locally and im itchy to buy something, cant wait and all.

Im really interested in the fan control stuff as I cant hear anything anyway.

Which do you recommed. Which will give me the best cooling?

TIA

Gobbles

Comments

• Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2004
    If you absolutely have to buy one of those, the V11 would be better from a performance standpoint.
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited July 2004
    edited July 2004
    im not overclocking.. this will just be replacing the stock cooler... But I want something that will do ok under full load, and I am impatient and all these are available locally for a decent price...

Gobbles
    edited July 2004
    the aeroflow isn't as good as the thermaltakes.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Either of those will work well with your system at full load. You said you won't be overclocking, so you'll be OK. I'd go with the Volcano 11+.
    edited July 2004
    ok Got the volcano 11+.. with some as5

idle in bios appears to be around 42c thats down from 45 to 47 it was before.
    Hardware doctor reports idle around 38c
    folding full load for about 10min Hardware doc reports 43c...

Can I trust hardware doc? or are the temps off.... I want to make sure that things are reading right...

Gobbles
    edited July 2004
    bump
    edited July 2004
    those look about right.
    edited July 2004
    I would lean more towards the BIOS readings.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    To the voltages in range, and temps, they are reasonable, YES. In this case, BIOS might be reading a tib high, and if you really want to see if there is a fix, it should be a BIOS code fix and not a hardware fix, so see if there is a new BIOS for your mohterboard.
    edited July 2004
    John, I'm just curious - why do you think the BIOS might be reading high? I thought that in general, BIOS measurements tended to more accurate than software measurements for both voltages and temperatures.