PCI TV tuner cards

edited July 2004 in Hardware
Being as my next video card will not have video input to connect my VCR to it anymore, I need to find a good PCI TV tuner card to supplement the future card.

The features I'm looking for is something with composite inputs, stereo sound, and decent image quality. A remote might be nice, but isn't a requirement. I'd like to spend no more than $59.00 on it.

Comments

• MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I know it's a bit more, but I have an ATI Remote TV Wonder Pro. Does hardware DVD Mpg2 and exports MPG4 and Divx with a right click. Has Guide Plus and does all the DVR stuff in the background. $99 bucks at CompUSA, 95 at the "Egg". Works like a champ.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2004
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited July 2004
    I'm looking at the HDTV cards actually right now. I'll be moving to Colorado soon and you stay inside more in the winter and I'm really thinking about making the plunge to hdtv when I get there.

Tex
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    TheSMJ, there is a small external, inline adapter made by ATI, that takes normal computer video out and converts to VCR framing and density (i do not know if it converts BOTH ways, but worth at least looking at specs to see). Dazzle makes small media hubs that do this also, so you might look at thier offerings-- the hubs can be two-way or one way depending on model, different models have different base mode conversion capabilities also. Doing this inline does not take up system resources and DEcreases the chances of resource conflicts compared to adding anohter video card of any sort.