This can't be correct!

EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
edited July 2004 in Science & Tech
Well my internet has been functioning great since i removed the router yet there is one thing that bothers me. It's speed. I notice nothing wrong with it but when i go to http://specials.zdnet.co.uk/misc/band-test/speedtest50.html to test it i get some strange results. Have a look at the pics and then tell me what's wrong. I'm supposed to have a .5 line but this seems alot faster. Is it something my isp isn't telling me or am i reading it incorrectly.

BTW i'm about to get a 10mbit line from another isp which will only cost me about $5 more per month. :D:eek2:;D

Comments

• EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited July 2004
    So on which side it the problem. On mine or on that site.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Their site, or you really do have a faster line now.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    i never worry about what the speed tests tell me. try downloading a huge file from a few different servers and see how fast it comes down the pipe. my connection is 3 mbp/sec down and i get like 380 k/sec when i'm downloading so i'm very happy with it. now i would be very very happy if i had a 10 mb/sec line, but that's another story.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited July 2004
    Same with kanez. Same speeds, in fact. EO, looks like 3 tests there. You DID clear temps and cookies before doing each one...right?
    //EDIT: 10mbit?! omfg. You, just so you know, suck :D:p
  • rykoryko new york
    edited July 2004
    try cnet.com's internet speedometer........i don't think the site you went to is that good...what's with the 3 different reports? Are those 3 different tests?
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    cnet owns zdnet, so same test probably
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited July 2004
    entr0py wrote:
    Same with kanez. Same speeds, in fact. EO, looks like 3 tests there. You DID clear temps and cookies before doing each one...right?
    //EDIT: 10mbit?! omfg. You, just so you know, suck :D:p

3 different tests. The browser was closed and restarted before each test so the cache should have been cleared. Yes i know i suck but don't care. :):rarr:
    Thrax wrote:
    Their site, or you really do have a faster line now.

Most likely their site as i can see no problems here. i don't have the faster line yet since it's not even connected yet.

I forgot to say but the last window is from the settingsbox for the connection. I closed the tab from zdnet now. I was hoping that someone could give me an answer but since there's no real problem i'm not going to do anything about it. Thanks for the answers. :)