Enter The Matrix Performance?"!*

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited June 2003 in Gaming
Got my hands on this game, quite impressed with it, however Graphics performance in my opinion ain't that hot and I was a bit suprised of this seeing as my system ain't exactly weak in the GPU area (TI 4400) I know it's not Radeon 9700 power but I thought it would at least run most things smoothly. The game is quite stuttery in places and when in combat the game slows down to almost a stand still.

Seeing as my spec sig ain't up and running yet, here are my relevant specs:

XP 2000+
GF4 Ti4400
1024MB DDR 2100
SB AUDIGY
2x 1200JB WD's

I am more enclined to think it is more a software related problem than a hardware. My question is, has anyone experienced similar dis-satisfaction with this game or has anyone got any performance tips for it.

Thanks in advance.

SPINNER

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    It has a bug with Creative sound cards :(

You will need to turn off full sound hardware acceleration in Direct X (put it to standard) and the frame rate will return to what it should be :)
    edited June 2003
    Atari Forums Thread which explains it all in detail and how to fix it :) (in more detail).

I had the same issue with my Creative card and 9700pro. The game runs great now! :)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    [:Insert obligatory and morally demanded comment on the quality of Creative cards <i>here</i>:]
    edited June 2003
    Thrax said
    [:Insert obligatory and morally demanded comment on the quality of Creative cards <i>here</i>:]

[:POS drivers, CPU hogging, lousy performance, hate my audigy...:]
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Actually you should yell at Atari. The game support and bugs are the worse that I've seen (although I haven't played that much games). Unless they fixed it, last time I checked you can't use any refresh rate program or the damn thing won't even start. Graphics also sucks. The game does have some nice stuff like the music and the fighting.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    Excellent, thanks guys that's just the information I was looking for.

I'll give it go later.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Shorty,

Did you give the onboard sound a try?
    Sorry for stealing the topic, but i want to know.
    edited June 2003
    Mackanz said
    Shorty,

Did you give the onboard sound a try?
    Sorry for stealing the topic, but i want to know.

Yeah! Works like a charmer! Bye bye audigy :D
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    Spinner said
    The game is quite stuttery in places and when in combat the game slows down to almost a stand still.

When it slows completely, is that not bullet time :P hehe.
    edited June 2003
    lol:)
  • edited June 2003
    Well, I played it on a GF2 32 MB, as my GF4 Ti4600 is in RMA land, and the game looked and played great! True, it was only at 640x480 (didn't bother trying anything higher) but still.

As for the Video card RMA, I RMA'd it 5/16, it got there 5/20. They shipped it back on 5/21, I got it on 5/27 and GUESS WHAT? That one had a memory problem!!! Sooo... I sent it in via 2 day yesterday, it'll get there tomorrow. Hopefully they'll send the replacement Monday.
    edited June 2003
    That's the thing, the graphics though of course not stone age, aren't exactly ground breakingly demanding. Which is why I presumed it was a problem with the game itself. Nevertheless I bet you'll be glad to get your that card back in your system come Monday.
  • edited June 2003
    Well they'll probably send it monday or tuesday. I should get it by Friday. Either way, getting a RMA'd card RMA'd sucks!

Anyway, software problem? Format. Can't get your email? Format. Can't get laid? Get a hooker, THEN format!
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited June 2003
    Kinda reminds me of my drill sergeant in basic training:

"Drill sergeant, I'm hot."

"Drink some water!"

"Drill sergeant, I can't go any further."

"Drink some water!"

"Drill sergeant, I broke my arm."

"Get down and do some push ups. Then drink some water!"

Ahh, the memories.
  • edited June 2003
    lol.
  • MarkTAWMarkTAW Brooklyn, NY
    edited June 2003
    Isn't bullet time TM to the Max Payne guys? They call it "Focus" which is totally bogus because the Wachowski Bros patented the damned thing. They should've thought to copyright it too.

Speaking of Max Payne, this game seems like Max Payne with Kung Fu. I was less than impressed.

--- ROT 13 Encoded Spoiler Alert ---

Rira gur yrfovna xvffvat fprar jnf n qvfnccbvagzrag... Zbavpn Oryhppv & Wnqn Cvaxrgg Fzvgu. Gung fubhyq'ir orra ernfba rabhtu gb ohl gur tnzr.

--- Rot 13 Decoder ---
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    panzerkw said
    Kinda reminds me of my drill sergeant in basic training:

"Drill sergeant, I'm hot."

"Drink some water!"

"Drill sergeant, I can't go any further."

"Drink some water!"

"Drill sergeant, I broke my arm."

"Get down and do some push ups. Then drink some water!"

Ahh, the memories.

LOL, although I never complained or went to sick call if I was sick.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited June 2003
    You probably went before my time, when the males were segregated from the females in basic training, or to an all male basic training post like Fort Benning. I however went to Fort Jackson.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    panzerkw said
    You probably went before my time, when the males were segregated from the females in basic training, or to an all male basic training post like Fort Benning. I however went to Fort Jackson.

No, not quite. I was in Basic training from Jan 29, 2002 to March 29, 2002. I am in the Air Force
  • edited June 2003
    i am still trying to get hold of this game, its prooving ilusive.... I don't want to thread crap but i am having a similar problem running any game at the moment, just seems to stutter a lot... even if i put all the settings on low games seem to slow down. I have a GeForce 3 Ti200 so i not expecting anything great but actually being able to play them would be nice. I upgraded to dx9... a while back... this could be causing problems. Anyone have any other ideas?