should i trust mbm?

TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
edited July 2004 in Hardware
should i trust mbm's vcore readout when overclocking? im trying to figure out what my chip will do at "stock voltage" but when set to 1.525 all readings (in fact even the bios) say my vcore is actually at 1.475, which is waaaaaay too low for my taste. setting it to 1.550 gets it closer to 1.50, so i guess the question is if im trying to oc under "stock voltage" conditions, should i do it at 1.575v (RL 1.525v)

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    You can probably trust the reading. The voltage will drop across a typical motherboard, so it will read out lower than you set it to, usually. What CPU do you have? It's probably safe to set it to 1.575 for your OC.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2004
    this is with a 2.8c, seems almost stable at 230 with vcore set to 1.525. the damn things watercooled so i'd like a better oc out of it, but im thinking my mobo is prolly holding me back. the pwm reading on my is7 is through the freakign roof (57-58 at all times)

i may just buy an ic7-max3 and see what comes of it
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited July 2004
    MBM5 was continually showing + and -12V readings about 0.6V too low in my rig. In the BIOS I was getting 11.99V on the 12 volt rail, and 11.3 in MBM. In the settings under voltage, I noticed that there were two asus voltage configurations. Once I switched it to the second, all my voltages seemed to match what was listed in the bios very closely. 11.97volts etc. Not sure if this is applicable with your mainboard, or the vcore readings, but might be worth a try. The vcore readings I am getting are pretty much smack on, only 0.01v off what is set in the bios. They are also set to 'asus config 2' in MBM.