Is there a way to save a thread?

chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
Is there a way to save a thread? Many of the replies to my previous posts provide good information and I'd like to save them for future reference. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Comments

• AebanAeban NC
    edited July 2004
    I am new here, but just by looking back I can see that the form still has post that can be seen as far back as June 2003, so that means that you should be able to bookmark it (save in favorites) for up to a year, but if you want to save it for longer, to my knowledge you would have to copy and paste the tread onto your hard drive. I could be wrong though so someone with more info correct me if I am.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2004
    currently i believe the site is archiving all the way back to its inception
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Aeban wrote:
    I am new here, but just by looking back I can see that the form still has post that can be seen as far back as June 2003, so that means that you should be able to bookmark it (save in favorites) for up to a year, but if you want to save it for longer, to my knowledge you would have to copy and paste the tread onto your hard drive. I could be wrong though so someone with more info correct me if I am.

There are two ways I can think of... :)

1) The one mentioned above...

We are only just over a year old, the oldest posts here are indeed from June 2003.. that's when we started :D

So.. bookmarking is a good way to do that.. :)

2) Hit the print button for a thread.. and either print it.. or use file->save as in your browser :)
    edited July 2004
    TheBaron wrote:
    currently i believe the site is archiving all the way back to its inception
    Yes.

We also have no intentions of pruning and deleting old threads.. there is no need for that :)
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited July 2004
    If you are using IE, just go to File, Save. It will create an HTML file, and a folder with all the supporting files such as images, etc. The Vbulletin controls from the site wil not be available, but the content information will all be there.

I recommend using a "Saved Pages" folder in your My Docs folder, then sub-folders with names of sites you save pages from.

Dexter...
  • AebanAeban NC
    edited July 2004
    Well I tried :banghead: But it looks to me that book marking would be the easyest way, unless you have dail up or a laptop and want to vew the threads offline.
  • chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
    edited July 2004
    Thanks! I used the file save as command from the browser and named the file something I would remember. Had to type in the html extension because it defaulted to something else (php I think) and that didnt open. With the html extension, I can read the all the posts in the threads and the information is saved.

Thanks again to all!
    edited July 2004
    Save as works best if you are using the FireFox browser rather than Internet Explorer :)