DirectX 9.0b End User Runtime Officially Here

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
I posted a news thread about DirectX 9.0b End User Runtime a few days ago, but at the time it was un-confirmed whether or not the version that was then available was in fact the final release. Well I can confirm now, that is was, and that Microsoft have now officially made available this latest version of its multimedia technologies.
Microsoft DirectX is designed to make Windows-based computers an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3D animation, and rich audio. DirectX 9.0b includes security and performance updates, along with many new features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the DirectX 9.0 APIs.

DOWNLOAD:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/3/c/73cc71c0-13d9-4274-8d9c-33d8a528a396/dxwebsetup.exe

Comments

• NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I have just noticed it in windows update. Just installing it now infact.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    Just remember people, to be on the safe side, create a system restore point before installing it. Saying that though, I've done over 6 installs of it now on various machines and they all went smoothly.:)
  • edited July 2003
    Downloaded it last night. Been gaming all day and have had no probs whatsoever.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Has anyone noticed any performance changes?