Migrating opera bookmarks into mozilla

EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
edited August 2004 in Science & Tech
How do i move my bookmarks from opera to mozilla. I've tried saving both as html and adr but non work in mozilla. is there a plugin that can help me. I just started using mozilla today so i have gottten the hang of everything yet.

BTW my bookmarks range in the hundreds so i wont save them one and one and then import them even though that might work. I'm sorry if this has been asked before but i'm too lazy to search. If it has just point me to the thread. :thumbsup:

Comments

• EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited August 2004
    Oh well it worked before so i'll try again.

:wave:
    edited August 2004
    HELLLOOO DOES ANYONE SEE THIS. Come on guys 89 people have read this thread yet noone has commented on if it can be done or not. I've started transfer of the bookmarks in a way that works. By saving the bookmarks to a html-file and then opening that file in mozilla. But i must enter each bookmark into mozilla by itself and it's taking forever to do that and to create all folders that i have and must have so can you please help me.

Or at least tell me it can't be done. Or could i perhaps import them to ie and then to mozilla. I've tried that and it didn't work but i could have done something wrong.

They say people always get help in this forum but i'm beginning to doubt that.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2004
    i got nothin, sorry man
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Perhaps no one has ever tried migrating from opera to mozilla/firefox? Hence the reason why they read the thread and don't reply with endless posts of "don't know". Which would you prefer?

As they are both alternative browsers from the norm (Internet Explorer), I've found most people seem to pick either Opera or a Mozzy browser :)

Not checked it out as I don't want an ad supported browser but why don't you save bookmarks to HTML. Import into IE.. then install Firefox to have them migrated into Firefox?
    edited August 2004
    Shorty wrote:
    Perhaps no one has ever tried migrating from opera to mozilla/firefox? Hence the reason why they read the thread and don't reply with endless posts of "don't know". Which would you prefer?

WEll someone should have been able to tell me if it could be done since if it could someone must have done it or heard about it.
    Shorty wrote:
    As they are both alternative browsers from the norm (Internet Explorer), I've found most people seem to pick either Opera or a Mozzy browser :)
    As did i but after growing tired of how images was displayed and finding that switching browser would help i went from one to the other. To bad few have done the same.
    Shorty wrote:
    Not checked it out as I don't want an ad supported browser but why don't you save bookmarks to HTML. Import into IE.. then install Firefox to have them migrated into Firefox?

The ads can become text just like the ones in the forum. I wish it was as simple as crossimporting but i've tried that and it didn't work. Lookes like i found the only working way then. :rant:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Uhhh... importing to FireFox from Opera?

File -> Import

Choose the Netscape/Opera option, and follow along.

Yer done. :)
    edited August 2004
    would that work. You just made day. :) untill i test it. :eek2:

Anyway i would like to apolegize (sp) for the tone i used before. some people get upset when discussing computers, remember apple baaad, for me it's bookmarks. when they don't work it feels like my browser doesn't and i get upset. i realize that the people who didn't respond where doing the right thing. so i'm sorry. this place is great.

now i'm getting firefox. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2004
    it's not working. i went to file, pressed import. chose netscape mozilla and it imported from mozilla but not opera. would a older version work better. if so could someone please pm me with a link or send it to me. :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Shoot, sorry mate. I misread that option. Been squinting at code a little too long :-/ Unfortunately, I don't think there is currently any way to do this.
    edited August 2004
    back to go then. i'll do a websearch tomorrow and see if there are any thirdparty apps that could help otherwise i'll continue as i did before. if anyone could think of a way, perhaps importing to any other browser just post your ideas.
    edited August 2004
    OMFG i just found the perfect tool. Google is my best friend from now on. :D The tool is called opera bookmark converter. http://dracuul.tripod.com/operabookmark/ What it does is convert opera bookmarks into ie favorits. Of course mozilla isn't good at importing but firefox is. i imported the bookmarks into ff then exported them into i bookmarkfile. that file i later imported into mozilla. is everyone with me so far. :)

The moral of the story is. if people want to do something they'll prolly make a tool for it. :D
  • mostlycloudymostlycloudy third floor
    edited August 2004
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    ... and that is one damn useful application :eek:

Nice suggestion :thumbsup:
  • mostlycloudymostlycloudy third floor
    edited August 2004
    I'm here to help :)
    edited August 2004
    Wow nice find mc. :) I don't think i'll be using it since i'll be sticking with firefox from now on but it could help someone else. :)
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited August 2004
    This thread was a nice find, I'd been wondering how to do that myself. Have managed to export from Opera to Opera, but had never been able to convert before.

So, thanks :)
    edited August 2004
    You're welcome. :):thumbsup: