nvatabus error

MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
edited January 2005 in Hardware
Lately my computer has been randomly rebooting. The system event viewer says I an error with the nvatabus is causing this. I know this is the driver to the motherboard ata bus. I've tried re-installing this driver, I've searched for viruses, and any other malicious content. None of this seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Abit Nf7-2.0
two hard drives and one optical drive connected to the ata bus

Thanks

Comments

• edited January 2005
    ???Was this ever resolved???

I'm experiencing the very same issue with Win2K SP4, Gigabyte k8ns Ultra 939 mb and a single 200 GB IDE Seagate HD. After each restart I receive 10 System Log Errors pertaining to nvatabus saying, "Device slot returned an invalid status value. See data for detailed information." I'll randomly have system lock-ups as a result of the error, but not immediately following the reboot... I'll have to wait 15 minutes to several hours.
    I've used the following drivers for the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to no avail:

Source: nVidia - Unified Drivers v4.27:
    Contains (as seen under Device Manager): NVIDIA CK8S Parallel ATA Controller (v2.5) - Driver Version: 5.10.2600.415

Source: Gigabyte - nVidia Chipset Driver v503:
    Contains (as seen under Device Manager): NVIDIA nForce3 250 Parallel ATA Controller (v2.6) - Driver Version: 5.10.2600.446