sygate IMCP type 11 packet

EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
edited August 2004 in Science & Tech
Sygate PF gave me this message again. it has done that for other apps as well. i did give it permission to connect or whatever it wants to do but i don't understand the message. what is it that the apps, fah core in this case, wants to do, and should i let it do it.

other things has been various windows files and some where from NAv i thing. i don't remeber since it was i while ago. Since i let norton scan my computer every friday afternoon, it created that scedulke upon installation, i know it's not a virus. But what is it? Here's a screenshot.

Comments

• mostlycloudymostlycloudy third floor
    edited August 2004
    practically communist? please say you're joking
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited August 2004
    hey i only took the test. :( well i wouldn't take it too seriously if i were you since i didn't quite understand all questions and i'm not american so i might have made some mistakes. :)

So do you know what's up with sygate?
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited August 2004
    ICMP = internet control message protocol. An extension to the Internet Protocol (IP)
    that allows for the generation of error messages, test packets, and informational messages related to IP.

The packet timed out due to commnication issues. Because ICMP packets can contain instructional codes or be exploitd, your software firewall alerted you to the timed out transmission.

You should have options to set longer timeouts, see if you can find that. This may be just a slow server problem. If you have more problems like this with FAH, please post in the team forum, it may require some config tweaking to fix.

Dexter...
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited August 2004
    I've looked but found no settings like that. Any ideas.