Electron Microscope v2.6.8 released

EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
edited August 2004 in Folding@Home
Well since no one notied. :)
Electron Microscope v2.6.8 (Update)
Tracking issue fixed
Protein file updated
Update to protein calculator
A long time ago we stopped getting proteins that took less than 60 seconds per frame so I made an adjustment to the code which tried to keep EM from sounding a false alarm if something seemed to be happening a little more quickly than it probably should. Until lately, this hasn't been an issue. But with the release of some proteins with 500 frames, each frame sometimes breaks the 60 second barrier on a fast machine. This caused EM to appear hung up. It actually saw each frame complete, it just didn't consider the time valid so it reset the watch. Now, unless the frame time goes under 10 seconds, this won't happen.

Stanford has been posting the names of proteins in the 12xx and 13xx series on the web pages, but the names inside the work units don't match. The 12xx series seem to all have an extra p12 and a space in front of each protein name. Everything else is correct, but EM matches what they post, which I transfer to the protein data file, with what it sees in the protein file and obviously can't find a match. Some have added the extra "p12" to each of the names in the protein data file. While this solution does work, if Stanford does fix the issue, their file will be invalid and won't display the information correctly. This ends up with the same issue we had in the first place. What I've done is added all the current crop of p12xx proteins and a set of these "broken" p12xx's at the end of the file. This should fix the current issue... at least for now.

The protein calculator when launched from EM was not loading the points and showing the calculations as it did before the 1.3.0 update. This issue is now fixed.

Get'em while it's hot. :D

http://www.em-dc.com/

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2004
    My EM3 gave me the notice sometime overnight. It didnt say there was a new version for me until this morning.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited August 2004
    EyesOnly wrote:
    Well since no one notied. :)

Get'em while it's hot. :D

http://www.em-dc.com/
    It's been up in downloads here at SM since yesterday afternoon. So yeah, I noticed. ;) I was just too lazy to tell anybody about it. ;D
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited August 2004
    Spinner wrote:
    It's been up in downloads here at SM since yesterday afternoon. So yeah, I noticed. ;) I was just too lazy to tell anybody about it. ;D

OH. :):rant: