Windows Tooltip Problem

paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Does this belong here? Bah, anyway....
I recently installed f@h and have since been experiencing an annoying bug with my windows tooltip pop-ups. Here's what I mean.
tooltip.jpg
(sorry bout the crude use of Paint)
A black box appears besides the box that is supposed to display the information. Not only this but the info it displays is incorrect. This not only happens for task bar items but for any mouse over tool tip in Windows. If I close f@h this problem goes away. Any idea how to fix this up?

/PX

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I have the exact same problem. I have not found any way to fix it yet.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Are you using the F@h Graphical client? If you are, try using the console and EM3 or something else to hide the window. See if that makes a difference.

edit
    Edited out stupid typo that ruined an otherwise good post
    edit
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    I think Necropolis means EM3 meaning Electron Microscope 3.

Console version is the way to go. Used it for about 1.5 years.
  • paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited June 2003
    Thanks a bunch guys! ;)
    Running the f@h console and EMIII works great and cleared the tool tip problem right up.

/PX
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Christ,

Had a bad day in work today, can't belive I typed that. Glad I could help tho.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Ah! So, that is why I have the tooltip problem!! I have it on every machine I use (about 6 different ones), and the problem is there. Also always had it on my home PC.

I just assumed it was a Windows bug. So, it's f@h eh?

Ah well, it doesn't bother me.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2003
    Other than being hidden as a service, what are the advantages of running the console, as opposed to the graphical version?

Prof

PS: Sometimes (not always) my tooltips in the system tray appear BEHIND the taskbar, not on top of it. I wouldn't care, except for the MBM5 temps)

(Sorry, I was going to post this in the FAH section, but it seemed to mesh well with the contents of this thread.)
  • dodododo Landisville, PA
    edited June 2003
    Well, some people have had trouble with the graphical client and stability, and the console is much more stable. If you are having this ToolTip problem, the console version is probably worth it, unless you like to watch the protein fold or something.

~dodo
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2003
    I just keep the program minimized as a tray icon. I think I've already seen about all there is to see as far as the graphics are concerned.:D

I think I'll give the console a try, though.

Prof