Lexan in the UK?

NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
edited June 2003 in Hardware
I'm going to mod my brothers case and put a window in. I have the tools I need, I just need some lexan/polycarbonate for it. The only problem is that I don't know where to buy any from in the UK.

Also, is there anything you can use to bond it to the side panel rather than using moulding or screws?

Comments

• AlphAAlphA Salt Lake City
    edited June 2003
    I used Elmer's epoxy for one of my boxes. The stuff will stick to anything and sets in a day. It dries clearish yellow.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    You guys don't have the Home Depot over there, do yah? Heh...try a hardware store, or building supplies type shop.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Nixxer said
    Also, is there anything you can use to bond it to the side panel rather than using moulding or screws?

Arayldyte!

Sorry, inside college joke (Lecturer was obsessed with it and all the test PC's had EVERYTHING araydyted in)

NS
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Nixxer, here are my suggestions:

overclock.co.uk

They do case window kits for a reasonable price (3 kits all less than 20 quid). I have bought a few things from them - they're pretty good.

http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/home.php?cat=277

Cool Case Mods :thumbsup:

But the ultimate in the UK for case modding is Cool Case Mods - anything you want, they'll supply - highly recommended!

They don't do as many window kits as overclock do, but they have some great window etches you can buy.

http://www.coolcasemods.com/customer/home.php

Hope that's some help!

~Cyrix
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    As you already have the stuff, you could try a builders merchants (I used some acrylic plastic I think it was for my Design Technology project a few years ago at school).

The problem is that normally you buy it in big sheets, sya 2m x 2m. They are around 50 quid.

Perhaps try http://www.acrylic.co.uk/ - this will take you to a website called fascias and allows you to buy different types of plastic.

Oh, and Aryldite is good for sticking things - just make sure you never have to unstick it!!
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    Thanks for all the help guys. I'll be sure to check everywhere out and see which is best.

Thanks again.
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited June 2003
    Check out diyplastics.com for a price list. they sell large lexan sheets but if u give em a call they'd prob cut u a deal on something smaller
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited June 2003
    oh and as for sticking it u can use evostick, just apply a hin layer to both surfaces leave for 5-10 min and clamp together, leave for recemended time and it ain't gonna come apart easyily.

just be careful when applying it to both surfaces because if it spreads out to an area that will be visible it can be difficult to remove.