Help Partition lost

EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
edited September 2004 in Hardware
I wanted to merge 2 partitions but upon doing so it wiped out the partition a wanted to merge and everyone after that. Here's what happened

I wanted to shrink D: which contained my swapfile. That operation was successful. then i wanted to merge E: which have programs on it with F: which had games on it. I made the changes in the windows version of partitionmagic 8 but when it rebooted and got to work it gave me an error message which i don't remeber. I think it was something about 1512 and some text but i don't know.

when i booted back to windows i was chocked when i opened this computer and noticed that F, G and H was gone and all that was left was unlocated space. E and all apps are still working though, otherwise i wouldn't be able to type this. And C wasn't toughed.

My only question is. Can it be recovered. i had incredible amounts of data that i wasn't able to backup.

I'm going to try the rescue discettes i created upon installing partm and see if there's anything there.

Comments

• EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited September 2004
    I just got a weird idea. would system restore work. I'm heading to download.com now to find some app that can help me. the dos version of partm wasn't able to. Why the hell didn't i just get a new harddrive. I so hate myself now.
    edited September 2004
    The files are not gone. :) I used Active parttions recovery to scan the unlocated space and it was able to find all partitions and files. But i can't restore them.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited September 2004
    email me ASAP.

Tex

m-k-withers@comcast.net
    edited September 2004
    Finally all files are back thanks to active partition recovery. anyways check out the thread: need to resize partitions wihout losing what's on them. in the windows forum as i still need help.