Calling All DAW people!

MERRICKMERRICK In the studio or on a stage
edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
Hi folks!
I was an old Icrontian and then split for a while. I hand built my first and current DAW from scratch (both in parts AND knowledge) by talking to people on the forum (ABIT KT-7 RAID 1MHz Athlon win98 etc.). In time I was able to give back much more than I took. Well here I am again. I'm doing research for my next DAW and I'd like to know anyone else who is on these forums with the same interests. Right now I'm working on a modified "stripped" 9.x o/s. I have most of the music programs. Eventually I'll be searching for the hardware on these forums. So if this is your kind of stuff please let me know. I also moderate another forum on this stuff and if this thread grows I'll post info from that site here as well. :)

Comments

• -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    what kind of software/sound card are you using?
  • MERRICKMERRICK In the studio or on a stage
    edited June 2003
    I use a Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe. For editing I use Cool Edit Pro. For sequencing I use a Roland MC-50 MK II hardware sequencer (I'm looking for an MC-80) and I'm experimenting with CbseVST 32 5.2 PB 1 beta 7. My methods are a bit non-traditional. In fact I've never recorded MIDI direct to computer opting instead to sequence/edit the tracks in the external sequencer and use an Alesis DM Pro and QS6 for composing the parts before transfereing to softsynths/softdrums. For Mastering and most offline DSP I use iZotope Ozone v2.01.
  • MERRICKMERRICK In the studio or on a stage
    edited June 2003
    I have been hosting a thread on DAW o/s stripping. If anyone is into this stuff check it out. It'd be great to start a dialogue here too!

http://www.prosoundreview.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73
  • MarkTAWMarkTAW Brooklyn, NY
    edited June 2003
    Hola. TK great avatar. Please don't blow us up with your doomsday device. Say, do you know if that was James Earl Jones's first appearanace in a movie? (Dr. Strangelove).

I'm using Protools via a Digi001, and a Cubase / Reason combo when I want to do sequencing.